Musto, let's talk. Ladies, back me up!

by Bendrr 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Let's take this outside!

Ok, just kidding. I like you dude and I'm not trying to start a fight or make enemies here. But I do have to bring this up. Mike, just what is this issue you have with mullets? Is it long hair on men in general or is it specifically the mullet style?

I started growing mine long in the back in 92 when I got fired from the dubs. I guess back then it was just an "in-your-face" gesture of rebellion against them, but eventually I grew to like it. I did cut it in 93, but started growing it back in 96. I grew it long all the way around and by the time I went mullet last year the front was so long it reached past my chin. I may go ahead and grow the rest of it back like that again.

I got a lot of compliments from women when it was long like that. A very good female friend of mine just absolutely loved it and told me once that when we were walking through the mall that she saw quite a few women turning to look.

So I put it to you, just what is wrong with long hair on a man?

Hopefully some of the ladies here can back me up on this?

Mike, who is not gonna cut it....ever!

• thewiz
    thewiz

what the hell is/are a/ mullet/s? -long hair?

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

I love long hair on men.

However, I hate the mullet style and it now looks so dated.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

long hair is so nice. if there are two men of equal attractiveness sitting at a bar or something, i'll choose the long-haired gentleman every time. so soft you just have to touch it soon, and they know this that's why they wear it like that. ;]

p..s. the longest hair on a man i dated was this pagan dude who had lovely blonde hair down to his waist. tripped me out at first, but i quickly succummed... (sp?)

p.p.s. i don't really care for mullets though... :(

Edited by - Incense_and_Peppermints on 5 August 2002 18:33:45

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Bendrr....I like it!

I got the following from the Mulletlovers.com site:

"What exactly is a Mullet?" Well.... Mullets have been around for as long as time has been recorded. They have gone by many different names, most well known as the "bi-level", "camaro-cut", "hockey player", "Achy-Breaky-what-a-mistakey", "Tennessee tophat", "beaver paddle", "soccer rocker", "the El Camino", "10/90", "Mississippi Grapevine", "ape drape", "neck blanket", "shlong", "calm before the storm", "Kentucky waterfall", "handlebar hair". "mudflap", "Canadian passport", "skirted eggshell", "VokuHila (Vorne kurz Hinten lang)","dirtstick", "Alabama shag", "yep nope", "butt-rocker", or the "Missouri compromise". We do not pretend to understand the reasoning behind the Mullet, or why they choose to look the way they do. We seriously doubt most of them are even aware that they are Mullets. However, once you know what a Mullet is and what to look for you will see them EVERYWHERE. One of the best places to spot Mullets on television is any cable channel that plays country music videos. For whatever reason, the Mullet appears to be the preferred 'look' for the male (and yes, sometimes female - but we'll deal with that mess later) country music star. Seeing is believing...

* A mullet is a hairstyle which is popularly described as "Short on top, Long in the back". See diagram below:
    * Common names for the mullet include (but are not limited to) : The Ape Drape. The Tennessee Waterfall. The 10/90 (the proportion of hair in front to hair in back). The Mud Flap. 7 (shape of the #) The Long Island Ice Teased. Business on Top-Party Out Back. Achy-Breaky-Big Mistakey. Yep-Nope. (Please don't e-mull me more names for mullets)
    * The term Mullet(hair context obviously) traces back to the 1967 prison film Cool Hand Luke, starring Paul Newman and George Kennedy, in which Kennedy's character refers to Southern men with long hair as "Mullet Heads."
  • expatbrit
    expatbrit

More fabulous mullets to be found at: http://www.mulletjunky.com/

Expatbrit

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Check out this web site:

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

MULLETS ARE EVIL!

Anyone who told you you looked good with a mullet was making fun of, you sorry dearie. For those uninformed here are some other sites to check out:

http://www.mulletlovers.com/

http://www.ratemymullet.com/

http://www.mulletjunky.com/

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I have a cousin who has a mullet....it looks good on her!

(I am serious...she wears it well...looks like Rod Stewart)

• bigboi
    bigboi

Mullets= the White Man's Jherri Curl.

They kinda have the same reputation.

ONE....

bigboi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit