Regular meeting attenders make the best apostates!

by ozziepost 14 Replies latest jw friends

• witchywoman
    witchywoman

I was at 5 meetings a week, went out in the field service twice a week. Studied with the girls. Then their was the family watchtower study. If you paid attention, it had a tendency to be confusing, one week the literal heart had feeling, the next week it did not,the heart was used in a figuritive way and was not capable of feeling emotion.

So I say yes.

witchywoman

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

This is all sooo very interesting. We were pillars as far as meeting attendance and participation. We never, never, never, never missed meetings unless we were throwing up or contagious - even went with a migraine headache once. And while we say that we are doing a slow 'fade away' it was a little more abrupt. We have seasonal work that in the past we stopped work and went to meeting. But the year we stopped meetings, we just went to work, kept working and didn't go to meetings - ever again.

Seems like the more talks we were assigned, the harder it was to make the assigned material fit the theme, or the theme fit the scriptures, etc. WT studies were a competition to see who had the cleverest way of paraphrasing or who could correct someone else's comment. And the idea that we were being encouraged or to 'incite one another to love and fine works' couldn't have been further from reality. So depressing!

On the other hand, my sis is still loyal to the WT. But she has been a slacker all these years. Never reads her magazines, hardly ever goes out in the service. She is afraid of apostates and anyone disconnected from WT. She is not ready to hear about silent lambs and all the WT scandals. It would be too much for her tender ears to hear.

Mrs R

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Ozzie

I found that while atttending regularly. It stopped me from looking into anything different then the WTBS B/S. So glad to see the new light

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I attended every meeting for 18 years, until the day I walked out, never to return.

-LisaBObeesa

• butalbee
    butalbee

I didn't really pay attention to anything that was said anyway, I used to pass the time by counting ceiling blocks, making paper towel airplanes in the ladies room, or zoning out thinking about everything I could do, if I wasn't here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit