What will a JW do if the Watchtower changes.......

by JCISGOD98 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JCISGOD98
    JCISGOD98

Since the Watchtower is known infamously for changing doctrine back and forth and they can't make up their minds at the headquarters, I was wondering about an important question that should be asked to every Jehovah's Witness that you may come across with.

What happens if the Watchtower changes a doctrine that they now consider old light?

Let me elaborate on this question. Jehovah Witnesses currently don't believe Jesus Christ should be worshipped because that is a sacred act that should be done to The Father only. Supposing, the governing body decides to change this doctrine and now the governing body writes on the Watchtower magazine, it is ok and not wrong to worship Jesus.

Many Jehovah's Witnesses will say this will never happen. Why not? In past you believed it is ok to worship Jesus then the Watchtower changed their minds and now say it is wrong to worship Jesus and only obeisance should be done to Him.

The Watchtower changed the blood transfusion doctrine back and forth as many times I change my underwear and socks everyday. One day it is ok, the next year it is a sin, then the next 10 years it is ok to get a blood transfusion and back and forth we go with this doctrine.

What makes you believe the governing body will not one day wake up and change the doctrine of the worship of Jesus Christ again?

So, if they do change this doctrine and it is ok to worship Jesus according to the governing body, what will you as a Jehovah's Witness do?

Will you deny the Watchtower and fight against the so called anointed men at the Watchtower regarding this doctrine? Then again, you know what will happen if you do fight against the governing body......DISFELLOWSHIP...YOU'RE OUT THE DOOR BABY! STRIKE THREE, YOURE OUT!

or, will you and your family try to find a Kingdom Hall that is only worshipping Jehovah and not The Son Jesus? Then again that will be very tough because the Watchtower states all Kingdom Hall teaches the same thing around the globe. You do preach unity of all Jehovah's Witnesses.

or, will you leave the Kingdom Hall and find a Church that is worshipping only the Father Jehovah? then again, this will be also very tough considering the Watchtower has stated in their publications Christendom has fallen into apostasy.

Gee, what will a Jehovah's Witness ever do if this were to happen?

• Analysis
    Analysis

I know that your example of worship of Jesus is just an example. Let's look at what they did in the past on major doctrinal changes. What has the average JWs done in the past?

1. The majority will accept the change without thinking. They will say the light is getting brighter.
    2. The clueless will never realize that they actually made a change. I thought it was funny that after the WTBTS acknowledged that maybe it did rain before the flood, many JWs still believed that the Flood was the first time it every rained on the earth.
    3. A few just drift away.
    4. Some will run away.

Edited by - Analysis on 5 August 2002 11:26:24

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If the WBTS changes?JW`s will do as their dam well told,or they`ll get the boot...OUTLAW

• Bang
    Bang

They'll follow the ever elusive changing light, because they haven't found anyone else with such ""wonderful promises"" or such clean and swept houses.

bang

• JT
    JT

if history is any indicator they will merely do as told-

part of the indoctrination that jw recieve is the part that they are to EXPECT DOGMA CHANGES

that is the who concept of NEW LIGHT

ask yourself how many jw looked forward to the District convention and why NEW INFORMATION, NEW LIGHT, NEW FINE POINT

IN fact you could often hear jw saying L

"Did you catch that "New Point"?

or as one bro used to say:

"This is the first time the Slave has ever put this IN PRINT"

so jw are trained to EXPECT CHANGE

so while it may bother a few the vast majority accept it willingly

• Farkel
    Farkel

: What will a JW do if the Watchtower changes.......

Change, naturally. They do what they're told. Or else.

Farkel

• garybuss
    garybuss

If there is a huge change or a huge mistake, they simply deny the old teaching or deny they even made the mistake and all goes on . . . business as usual. They never see error or mistakes as a problem but they always see people who point out the error or mistakes as a problem.

gb, who is seen as a problem . . .

• minimus
    minimus

It seems that the newest approach is to GRADUALLY introduce something .Rather than shock people (this creates fear in the faithful) they are slowly introducing concepts or giving mixed signals that could be interperted in different ways. Then they can introduce something and people will say , THAT'S NOT A NEW THOUGHT. I REMEMBER THIS BEING BROUGHT OUT, I THINK AT AN ASSEMBLY.The result is everybody mindlessly is conditioned to take it.....and it works!

• Farkel
    Farkel

minimus,

: It seems that the newest approach is to GRADUALLY introduce something

This "newest approach" has been used for at least fifty years. There's nothing new about it.

After all, we've always been at war with Eurasia. (Orwell)

Farkel

• minimus
    minimus

HI FARKEL, I had a feeling you might say something! I was thinking of how the 1995 generation change and the sheep and goats adjustment took alot of people by surprise. I know of some Bethelites that said there were many in Bethel that were very disturbed over the "new light".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit