Ozzie's Weekend Poll #14

by ozziepost 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Jang
    Jang

I heard the announcement at the meeting ...

and so did all the sisters who then gathered around Brother so-and-so to get on the meal schedule and so did all the brothers who then tried to gather around the sisters and Brother so-and-so to get on the field service schedule ...

and then all the watnabe's triedtobe

and general bedlam reigned until it was all over and then everyone breathed a sigh of relief and life went back to normal and we all fell asleep again duringthe meetings

JanG

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

LOL@JanG!!

So true. That reminds me of one "experience". I was in an elders' meeting during the C.O. visit. The C.O. was endeavouring to get the cooperation of the whole body with his plan at the time. His method of getting everyone's cooperation was to 'invite' each elder to make a comment saying how he personally was going to carry out his suggestions in the coming months. This went well for a time. Each elder spoke in favour of the C.O.'s plan, until it came to the final elder in the room. A long-serving elder, he'd remained quiet throughout the meeting, and he was asked to voice his comment. To the consternation of the body, he said:

"Well, brother, I've been in the Truth for many years and I've been an elder for as long as I care to remember. During that time I've seen circuit overseers come, and I've seen circuit overseers go, but things remain exactly the same!!"

The hapless C.O. was dumbstruck!

Cheers, Ozzie

• zev
    zev

1. I got a shepherding call from the elders.

yup!

2. The secretary asked me for my last two months' reports.

how about the last 6 months!

3. The elders visited me to check if I had forgotten to report.

i always conviently "forgot"

7. It was announced at every meeting.

repetition for emphasis

and i'll add.....

i knew the CO was there because all the hypocrites would dress in their best stuff, and all those you hadn't seen in months would show up to impress this "man". the parking lot would be overflowing with cars. you just had to know this was something "special".

73's

de zev

Edited by - zev on 4 August 2002 10:11:48

• rosalyn
    rosalyn

number 6

number7

number 15.....Dad and Mom told me

number 16.....had to clean the house from top to bottom because he and his wife were coming for a meal or worse yet they were coming to stay during that week in which case ....it was spring cleaning in the winter time.

I know I added an extra 2 points to the list but I knew you wouldn't mind if I used my mind to make up my mind to add two extra points....over and out

rosalyn

been waiting for this post ozzie man....now I can go to Long Point....Lake Erie Ontario and try to find some shipwrecks. r.

• Princess
    Princess

number 7 for me

Rachel

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

That's mighty interesting! Thanks, folks.

Did you notice something about the responses? It seems the best apostates were at all the meetings!!!

Cheers, Ozzie

• Scully
    Scully

Just out of curiosity, Ozzie dear....

How long do you spend thinking up these polls of yours?? :-)

Love, Scully

• Mulan
    Mulan

#7 for me too.

I hear they aren't having great success with meal scheduling these days. No one wants to have them for a meal. The latest CO's, in our area, for about the last 3 of them, all have weird dietary requirements, and no one wants to be responsible to cook for them.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Aw shucks Scully.

Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit