Ozzie's Weekend Poll #14

by ozziepost 18 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all,

Its Sunday again. Doesn't time fly when you're having fun!

So it's time for another of our weekend polls where we can sit back and have a smile (or frown, if you like!) and this week's fun topic is:

How did you know the circuit overseer's visit was getting close?

1. I got a shepherding call from the elders.

2. The secretary asked me for my last two months' reports.

3. The elders visited me to check if I had forgotten to report.

4. The elders visited me to invite me out in field service.

5. The normally, easy-going literature servant became all elder-like.

6. I heard an announcement.

7. It was announced at every meeting.

8. Sister so-and-so rang and complained that she had been missed off the meals schedule.

9. Sister so-and-so rang and complained she hadnt been given a schedule for the visit.

10. I got to the Kingdom Hall and the meeting had already started.

11. My husband, the C.O., told me!

12. My husband told me.

13. It was in my diary.

14. What visit?

We look forward to getting your responses to this "heartwarming" topic and time "behooves us" to get our replies in early before 'new light' makes them invalid!

If you would like to check up on the previous polls, try these links:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=32639&site=3

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=32717&site=3

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=33261&site=3

Cheers, Ozzie

Edited by - ozziepost on 4 August 2002 2:8:34

• Prisca
    Prisca

I was one of those who was always at the meetings, so I found out that way.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Pris,

Glad you didn't miss out!

Cheers, Ozzie

• StinkyPantz
  • alfie
    alfie

Well, there was always the announcement, then all the wannabee servants got really curious about their standing in the congregation and then we had to think about reorganizing our Friday night activities due to the bookstudy being held on that night.

what's it all about?

alfie

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

"Is it just for the moment we live...."

• johnny_was_good
    johnny_was_good

And also the annoucement of who wants him to come for lunch or diner, Field Service.....

• Francois
    Francois

My uncle, the congregation servant (prior to the elder arrangement), would kick me out of my room so the CO and his wife could have it.

Once, when they were there, I had to go into my room to get something for class (I was in college). The CO's wife came in and said in a rather haughty, suspicious manner, "Find what you're looking for?"

I replied, "Yes, thank you for your concern. This is my room when you're not here and I have things in here I must have IF YOU DON'T MIND TOO VERY MUCH."

I never heard another word about it, so I take it that it never got past her husband, if it got that far at all.

-francois

• ISP
    ISP

No 1 sounds about right!

We would have a special meeting before and arrange shepherding calls on the whole cong. so it all looked fine!

ISP

• Mackin
    Mackin

My answer would be (at least in my final years in the Borg) 13. It was in my diary.

I was the PO and used to get a letter from the CO in advance with all his "requirements" of where he didn't want to stay, what kind of food he liked, whether or not he liked cats, etc, etc. Then I had to ask the congregation who would like to have him stay and select from those who offered the one who fulfilled all his requirements without anyone finding out so no-one would be offended.

Plus there was all the other "commands" that he would demand to be carried out prior to his visit. At the end of it all I had to "take the lead" in thanking him for his "wonderful upbuilding visit" and invite him to submit his expenses so we could willingly cover his costs. <puke>

I hated the CO visit.

Mackin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit