Do You Like This Place?

by ISP 22 Replies latest jw friends

• SYN
    SYN

This site is a bit like crack. Being able to discuss Life, the Universe, and Everything with complete strangers who've been through the same emotional (and occasionally physical) trauma as you have is very, very compelling, and I truly appreciate the contributions Simon and Angharad have made to keep this place rolling. Thanks guys!

And, I would never have met Moe! WHOOHOOO!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Although I had decided to leave the borg before I came here, this place is one of the main things that helped me to leave, and to extricate my mental proccesses.

It is a thriving community, and the fact that the subjects are so diverse help to keep things lively.

This isn't a religious discussion group, although that takes place, but a home for the healing.

I believe that by providing this place, at great personal cost to themselves, Simon and Ang have contributed more to a humanitarian cause than most charities or voluntary groups succeed in doing. The fact that it is truly global, in scope, is further testimony to the technological age.

I just want to give a quick shout out to some of the others, whilst on the topic, because "Freeminds" and "Watchers of the Watchtower World" have also been of great personal assistance to me. There are other groups that also deserve applause, and support, as have been mentioned over the last wee while.

I have made more good friends, directly and indirectly through these sites, than I dreamed possible. So much for thinking that the life of exJWism would be lonely, huh? Logon any time 24 hours a day and you can probably chat to someone. That came as something astounding to someone living in the furthest reaches of the Scottish Highlands.

So, in answer to your question, ISP, I don't "like" this place at all - I LOVE IT !!!!

• Celtic
    Celtic

The place is just like a pub I'm thinking of, sometimes the beer is flat, other times its like sweet nectar, sometime someone drinks too much and becomes outlandish, other times everyone just sits around tables making polite conversation about the weather, sometimes the music is crap, other times it makes you want to stomp your feet with glee, sometimes the bargirl is, ahhhh nevermind, I digress.

As ISP said, it does cover many things this community, its kind of like a springboard cafe for bouncing the entirety of everything around and from this structure we can network if we would like to with others utilising to best advantage other platforms more specificly focussed in purpose and intention.

Can I dance on the dancefloor now?

Celtic Mark - Cornwall UK

http://www.geniusloci.co.uk

• Prisca
    Prisca
    and from this structure we can network if we would like to with others utilising to best advantage other platforms more specificly focussed in purpose and intention.

Say what?

Can I dance on the dancefloor now?

Only if you explain that last bit. And can I dance with you?

• Celtic
    Celtic

I'd love to dance with you Prisca, it would indeed be a very great honor.

Taking Priscas hand gracefully and canters out towards the dancefloor.

Now, dear, what were you saying?

Hobbit Celty

• Prisca
    Prisca

*commences dancing with Celtic*

Now, what I was asking about, was this:

and from this structure we can network if we would like to with others utilising to best advantage other platforms more specificly focussed in purpose and intention.

Can you explain that in plain English please?

*does a neatly-executed twirl*

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

David,

I find that posting is very emotionally draining and it really takes a lot out of me. Does anyone else have that problem, or is it just me?

It can be. Especially if you feel strongly about something and the debates, while not being flame wars, go on and on. You feel that close to gaining an ally so....

Many topics go over my head completely. The deeper reasoning behind calculating the "Gentile Times" or textual criticisms sometimes read like an accounting association magazine. That's balanced by the "fluff" threads. Light reading and kidding around is necessary for people to be healthy.

And as was pointed out a short while back, there are questioning Witnesses who read this and who knows? Maybe your post ("your" not meaning just you specifically, but anyone posting here) will be the one to help them see the light. Or it could be the one, done wrong, that makes them think the Society was right after all, based on what they read here.

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

Even though I have been out for a while this place has made me start to deal with alot of repressed and forgotten things. And only when I come to terms is when I will start to heal and become whole again. This place has made doing that less scary.

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

Prisca,

I think he's saying that "from JWD it's possible to interconnect for mutual benefit with entities on other planes cognitively non-dissonant containing greater concentrations of intellectual mass and density of theological resources and discussions."

I think.

• Solace
    Solace

Kingpawn, Uhhhhhh, Yeah, Thats what I thought too...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit