"For bodily devotion is beneficial for a l...

by LDH 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Lisa,

Madeira is a Portuguese outpost 300 miles off the coast of Morocco in West Africa.

Englishman.

• Englishman
    Englishman

PS: Re irrigation ditches we call`em RHYNES, pronounced reens.

englishman

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

I can still remember the stupid article that expounded about how much exercise JWs get by walking out in field service. This little gem went along with the counsel to avoid getting involved in any exercise program that could take you away from meetings, service, and study.

It took me awhile, but I've finally gotten into an exercise program consisting of weight training and (ssshhhhh...don't tell anyone) Yoga.
    I love it!

And I just LOVE those sports bras....especially for horseback riding.

• conflicted
    conflicted

RHW, does that yoga include meditation - you know how the society veiws meditation (except when it pertatains the their materials). ;)

• LDH
    LDH

NEW WORD ALERT!!!!

Thanks conflicted!

(except when it pertatains the their materials). ;)

Sorry con, couldn't help it!

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Conflicted, so far I haven't done any meditation, just the physical exercises, but I think it would be a good idea. I just tend to have trouble sitting still for any length of time.

• ShaunaC
    ShaunaC

RHW, I love yoga too. A couple of years ago when I was newly free a friend begged me to do it with her after a kickboxing class we took. I still had the WT crap in my head and so shyed away. But at the beginning of this year I joined the gym again & decided to give it a try after so many people recommended it. Now I'm thoroughly addicted. It's great for flexibility. And it's a great way to unwind at the end of the day, especially after a vigorous workout. You don't realize how much you tense up without knowing it. You have to really think to fully relax all of your muscles, especially things like your jaw or neck.

When I was at my parents the other night we talked about working out. (My younger sister who is only 23 has ballooned up to about 190 lbs. Just 3 years ago she was at about 125) I let it slip that I was doing yoga. I wanted so badly to tell my mom she should do it. She has fibermyalgia (I know I didn't spell that anywhere near correct, sorry) and has a headache 24 hours a day. Her shoulders are hard as rock and she winces in pain if you even lightly touch them. She's used bio-feedback before as a way to control her pain but I think yoga would do her wonders. Oh well!

I was laughing at one of the earlier posts about the elder seeing the panties and counseling about it. It reminds me of an elder/pioneer in my hall who always talked to my hubby about some of my clothes (couldn't talk to me directly you know, had to talk to my head). He once complained that he could see my nipples through my shirt. I was wearing a bra, for god's sake! Get over it...women have nipples! After a while I figured out he was just a pervert always looking to find something a little racey. Gotta get your kicks someway, he was probably so sexually repressed and ready to burst! :|

Thanks for the memories of that. I needed the laugh!

• LDH
    LDH

OH GOD shauna we're gonna have more to talk about at lunch than i care to think about.

My mother also has fibromyalgia. I think this is an old Indian word for Women Who Don't Want to Exercise.

Sorry ma.

• LDH
    LDH
    . I amazes me how much these people restrict themselves from normal harmless activities. It's almost like they are actively trying to lead boring pointless lives.

You got that right. What's even more amazing, how many of them are good at it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit