Holier Than Thou

by refiners fire 14 Replies latest jw friends

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Well some details would be nice.

• sweetone2377
    sweetone2377

<P>I was in catagory 2.</P> <P> ;</P> <P>I was never thin or ;pretty enough. I didn't make enough money and had all the wrong jobs. I didn't prosper in the field ministry. My clothes were always wrong. My friends were always bad associations (yet they were pioneers). I didn't get married as soon as I turned 18 and that was wrong. I wanted to get married and that was wrong. I didn't donate enough money, yet I ate only once a week so that I could donate money to the borg. I went to a public school untill I was 16 and was lectured for that also. I had a dream of going to med school, being a pediatrician...helping children, that, of course, was way wrong. I finally did marry at the ripe old age of nearly 20, but that was wrong too (wrong guy, wrong time, wrong place). Then the shit really hit the fan when I got pregnant with my first child. Then, as if it couldn't get any worse, I got pregnant again when my son was 4 months old and the elders had themselves a good ol' time with that one. MMM....makes me wonder what went down when the elders got my letter?? ; I was living in another state and didn't get to see everyone's reaction. Hehe...I gave no reasons. Just said I didn't want to be a part of it anymore. Would have loved to have been a mind reader then. </P>
  • sweetone2377
    sweetone2377

Hey! What's up with my post?! That looks so freaky and hard to read.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

IP - I would NEVER accuse YOU of being "holier than thou"....no way. Sis, You were simply HOLY

oh refiner... you're sweet

• COMF
    COMF
    Were you one of those people who victimized someone "spiritually weak"
    constantly quoting scripture at them about what they were reading

Eewww, ugly memories. Don't remind me.

I didn't to it to appear holier than thou. It was a control-freak thing with me.
    I figured out in later years that you can't make people do anything, you just
    have to take them as they are. Life's been a lot easier since the behavior of
    humanity as a whole was no longer my responsibility.

Edited by - COMF on 4 August 2002 1:34:40

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit