Subliminal Messages In WT Pictures???

by Sentinel 15 Replies latest jw friends

• LucidSky
    LucidSky

Personally? I think it is a load of crap. Sure, maybe there are renegade artists in the WT. Or maybe the printing process itself could alter the rendering of the artwork into something that appears to contain hidden images.

• Cath
    Cath

This is really interesting stuff and I have seen some examples of those subliminal pictures.

Here is something else to ponder.

I have read on this forum that only canned music is allowed at the meetings now and that got me to wondering why.

Could it be that there are subliminal messages in thier canned music as well? I myself have a couple of subliminal tapes and cds and have heard of subliminals being played in shopping centres to get people to buy. Has anyone thought of that aspect also? I wouldn't put it past them because they are so evil in so many other ways.

• Dino
    Dino

Hello Lucid Sky and good Sunday morning.

I personally feel that some of the claimed subliminals are a stretch.

However, look in your "You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth" book published by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc., copyright 1982, 1989.

Turn to page 19 and you will see an obviously occultic pyramid shaped piece of jewelry clutched by the thief running from the policeman.

This illustration is unique in that the piece of jewelry is in plain sight. It is not below the threshold of comprehension, which is what the word "subliminal" usually connotes.

However, it is subliminal in that the spiritistic "gnostic gem" pictured is completely out of character with the overall theme of the picture. Why insert that in there?

Oh, and btw, a "gnostic gem" reduced to 10% of it's original size, still looks like a "gnostic gem".

Have a good one.

Dino

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

I woke up this morning to check to see if there were some replys to my thread. I was so glad to see all these posts. Thank you, everyone for your thoughts! I hope there will be more coming.

Personally, I do believe in subliminal messages. Some folks do and some don't. It is widely used in department stores in the underlying tones of the music. Why not? Apparently, it has been proven to work with shoppers. It also works in tapes and CD's that have suggestive language inmeshed in the music to help people with addictive natures.

And, it seems to me that the JW's have changed to such a large extent in their methods of control, that perhaps paranoia in the main offices, has progressed to using these techniques. But, why use symbols of the occult? Why is a very good question. A valid question. This puts the WTBTS in a whole different "light" to me, and I know they don't teach truth anyway.

It would seem to me that ANY PORTRAYAL OF THE OCCULT IMAGERY IN ANY, EVEN IF ONLY ONE PROVEN AREA, IS TOO MANY FOR ME.

Thanks to everyone.

Sentinel

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

I seem to recall that subliminal messages were used in advertising in the 70's here in the uk,the practice was banned very quickly,who knows what big brother is up to though.

• Searchin50
    Searchin50

Yes I did see all the subliminal messages, I think, we all know that GOD is no part of this org. and it is SATAN playing mind games! with them. Because no person will come out of this close knit sect-- cult without the help of JEHOVAH GOD and CHRIST JESUS it is the only way anyone will ever see the true light JOHN 8:32 But we must ask for help from the ALMIGHTY GOD and sometimes it takes awhile to reactivate our minds,coming out of so MUCH CAPTIVITY, Anyway I liked the post keep up with the good info!!!!!!! Searchin50

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit