Demons

by disneycuty 18 Replies latest jw friends

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

I've been thinking about using a ouija board to help me with my investments from now on. It couldn't freaking hurt!

• Dawn
    Dawn

The bible warns against dabbling in the spiritual world (fortune tellers, etc) in a number of places. So I don't believe the JW's particularly use this as mind control since it's a common teaching in Christianity. However, JW's are a lot more scared of it than I have found others to be on the outside - they're basically freaks when it comes to some things.

I definately believe in the spirit world. And since I'm a Christian I would steer clear of these as warned in the bible - but I'm not scared of demons like I used to be when I was in the borg. I'm not afraid of a lot of things now - whew!!

I can remember when I was little being afraid of buying yard sale items as they might be demonized - and of course I couldn't have a smurf doll....geeeeeeezzzzzzzzzz

• Bang
    Bang

Deal with them like Jesus did - " what's your name?"

bang

Edited by - Bang on 3 August 2002 23:18:43

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

One of the first things I did after getting into recovery was begin looking into all sorts of supposed "demonic" readings. One of my favorite topics of discussion is about the Occult. After years of doing this and that, I became bored with most of it. My experiences did release me from FEAR, and for that I'm grateful.

As for demons and whatnot...just not sure. I believe people, not spirit is capable of the most vile acts against humanity. I tired long ago of other's telling me what is evil. Especially coming from some of the more ignorant that live their life controlled by fear.

My one former sister-in-law has spent literally hundreds of thousands of dollars on psychics. Because Sylvia Brown charged $700.00 per hour; this same in-law had a reading with Sylvia's son, because he only charged half of what his mom does. Must be nice having that kind of money to spend in search of what??? My opinion, perhaps we need to begin looking deep within ourselves for our truth rather than pump up someone's ego...and bank account. Oh well, live and let live, eh.

Granny

• Helen
    Helen

Tom, I have never had any experiances with Demons so can not say (for certain for me) that they exist at all, but I do not discount then as I have had friends tell me they have, and these are credible people... but I have had many occasions to know and feel the presence of spirits, in fact I have a spirit guide, (just found out it was a female) that I have conversations with...so never discount anything, just keep an open mind always.

I was up your way a few weeks back to a family reunion, just did not have time to look you and DAna up..when are you getting the hawg?

• sweetone2377
    sweetone2377

Anyone remember this one?

IF you meet someone in the ministry who starts to speak in tongues or if you have a demon visitor...all you have to do is say the word "Jehovah" it should just magically disappear or stop. LOL Their magic word....and people say that dubs don't believe in magic!

• COMF
    COMF
    I've been thinking about using a ouija board to help me with my investments from now on. It couldn't freaking hurt!

Why not flip a coin? Works better, costs nothing.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: . Do you still believe that or do you think it is the Society's way of Mind Control over their members?

I think having demons in one's house is a fun and challenging pastime if it's done in moderation. Of course, demons are just like everyone else. There are good and bad demons and I can share a little hint on finding and keeping only the highest quality demons around.

Buy your used clothing and books from the Goodwill Industries instead of the Salvation Army. Goodwill attracts your higher-quality demons. If you plan to go demon hunting at garage sales, you want to buy used clothing made only of cotton or wool. In case you get a batch of particularly nasty demons, you want something that is easy to burn. The synthetics are difficult to burn and tend to "scream" a lot when you burn them.

All-in-all, demons make charming and exciting companions, but they require a lot of your patience and time. Many of them can even be potty trained.

Hope that helps.

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 4 August 2002 18:5:46

• heathen
    heathen

Man you guys are creeping me out with all this electroncic listening devices and voodoo stuff .I'm going to have to sleep with my night light on .wwhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa .I am also aware that spirit divinition is documented in the bible and in most pagan cultures but to consider getting involved in it is not something that appeals to me and I do believe that these so called psychic people are deeply submerged in it.I am alway sure to turn off the sci fi channel whenever john edwards show comes on and definately avoid silvia brown on the talk show circuit.I don't get impressed by this crap at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit