Richard Dawkins talking about a Creator

by FusionTheism 89 Replies latest watchtower bible

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Ruby456
    Did you watch the cartoon? That's not hostile its hilarious
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    I know, Ruby. It's just so hostile and mean to ask you to give any evidence anytime you make a claim. I mean, do doctors and lawyers have to do that? So why should you, right?
  • Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    Viviane19 hours ago
    If someone were to ask: Is Richard Dawkins an agnostic or an atheist? How would one respond?
    And please, friends, do not direct me to a book. Just a simple answer would suffice and I will go my way off this thread.

Ask Richard Dawkins. Or read a book.

This exactly. Dawkins makes his position very clear and understandable in chapter three (i think it's 3) of the God delusion.

Theres no confusion at all.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Which is why people debating athiestisum as a religion sets up foolish questions. Its not a rleigion anymore than not stamp collecting is a hobby. (Credit nonstampcollector)

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

What was the movie where the guy asked the girl out and she said she was 99% sure that she would never date him?

And he responds, "So, I have a chance?"

Was it Dumb and Dumber?

Anyhow, very funny!

• StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

_Morpheus - Which is why people debating athiestisum as a religion sets up foolish questions. Its not a rleigion anymore than not stamp collecting is a hobby. (Credit nonstampcollector)

LOL! Yes. "Atheism is a religion" is like saying that abstinence is a sexual position...

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Lol i wish i could take credit for the illistration but a gent who calls himself "nonstampcollector" on youtube used it and it struck me as a good comparasion. Check him out on youtube hes pretty fun and i like how he frames his arguments
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Good call _Morpheus
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Ruby: I find viv and cofty just too hostile to reply to

When you say "hostile" do you mean ruthlessly rational? Requiring logic, reason and evidence?

Then I'd agree. They are both way too hostile.

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

Oubliette,

Most likely means they have no manners, no politeness, no appealing qualities that would make anyone want to have any kind of conversation with them.

(At least Viv, not speaking about anyone else here)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit