Richard Dawkins talking about a Creator

by FusionTheism 89 Replies latest watchtower bible

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

DAWKINS: "There could be something incredibly grand and incomprehensible and beyond our present understanding."

Dawkins is Right......God may very well exist..

Although.....The "Possibility of God" doesn`t prove,the "Existence of God"..

If your trying to "USE" Dawkin`s quote..

To Prove the Existence of God..

.........Image result for you have failed

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Dawkins says 'could'. This doesn't mean it's a 'truth'. It's just one of limitless possibilities. The truth is we don't know.
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    That's precisely why I didn't add any commentary

So you didn't write the words I am about to quote? Words, I might add, which are NOT what he said?

Richard Dawkins admitted that information inside of DNA, and the origin of life on earth, might point to intelligent designers, perhaps extraterrestrials.

Those aren't your words?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Very well summed up Galaxie
  • tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

Maybe we're part of the computer that is trying to figure out the question to which the answer is "42"...

• Ruby456
  • StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

freemindfade - I agree with Dawkins, and i don't think this is some bombshell of him admitting evidence of god. It's all 'could'.
    Well said. Totally agree. No bombshell there. What he said is no different than what you and me and others say when we use our human imagination to answer "What if?". I am still puzzled as to why so many people can take a scientist's (or other authority figure) "could" statement and interpret it as if had been presented as a theory or fact or evidence of something.
    Dawkins - "...--at the least, the onus is on you to demonstrate why you think that's the case."

Couldn't have said it better myself. Anyone can feel free to imagine and speculate, but it cannot be accepted as reality or fact until a good case is made. Until we have a case, the most intellectually honest answer is "We don't know".

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

FT: Dawkins spends a lot his time studying the natural history of organisms. He even gives agency to memes. But put him with a cosmologist (as in my link above) and see what he says about ID. edit: here he is also older and perhaps wiser and picks his words more carefully

edit|: there is a flag that keeps following me around the place

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

The main point of me posting this is to show that incredibly intelligent scientists say that the existence of some kind of intelligent life-giver and designer is possible.

This refutes those atheists who say anyone who believes in a Creator is STUPID or an IDIOT.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

This refutes those atheists who say anyone who believes in a Creator is STUPID or an IDIOT.

Oh my, I don't even know what to say...

These atheist you speak simply don't understand why you would believe "possibility" crosses the street to "is".

Now you might say oh no, i am just saying possibility. Well your motives seem clear that you believe possibility is a fact and not an unknown.

But that is up to you, they acknowledge that, I think what make atheist think creationists are STUPID or an IDOIT (your words) is the forcing of what you believe is "POSSIBLE" on others, or HARMING based on possibility and imagination, basing your actions good or bad on the POSSIBILITY of something that is unconfirmed on the unknown and unnecessary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit