Richard Dawkins talking about a Creator

by FusionTheism 89 Replies latest watchtower bible

• done4good
    done4good

FusionTheism - This refutes those atheists who say anyone who believes in a Creator is STUPID or an IDIOT.

Really, who says that? Not any atheist I know, (Oh wait, I forgot about Dolt, but I digress).

The above is a straw man. Atheists neither claim, nor believe those that believe in a creator are idiots or stupid. Please stick to real talk points.

We do try to make theists see that facts and reason matter. Pointing out logical fallacies such as the straw man above, (even though it has nothing directly to do with facts concerning if a creator exists or not), is a good way to help someone learn for themselves how to use logic.

d4g

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

Cofty,

What would make the existence of the God of Jesus "logically impossible" as compared to the hypothetically possible Creator spoken of by Richard Dawkins?

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

done4good,

You must not be reading the same comments from atheists that I see on other threads (such as by Jonathan, Viviane, etc.

• prologos
    prologos

"If you are 99.9999% certain about something then STRICTLY SPEAKING you are agnostic."

Dawkins: 98.57142%

Ft: "What would make the existence of the God of Jesus "logically impossible" as compared to the hypothetically possible Creator spoken of by Richard Dawkins?"

FusionTheism, in my opinion, the claims made in the scriptures that contradict the known natural laws.

make mine FusionDeism.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I am going to leave the level headed debate up to Viv and cofty and become the crazy godless anti-theist lunatic. The protagonist FT is looking for , here it goes.

FT your ideas are ridiculous and I don't have to provide proof because you do a better job than this ignorant godless maniac (myself) ever could. keep up the good work!

• done4good
    done4good

done4good,

You must not be reading the same comments from atheists that I see on other threads (such as by Jonathan, Viviane, etc.

I have read many of Viv's threads and what I can you is she will call you out on a post by post basis. If you say something stupid, you will be called on it. It is not a question of character, it is a matter of pointing out a foolish remark. Truth be told, I just did the same above. Perhaps with a bit less edge, but I was fairly direct just the same.

d4g

• cofty
    cofty
    What would make the existence of the God of Jesus "logically impossible"

The god of christian theism is omniscient. Perfect omniscience is incompatible with being a personal god who can interact with free agents.

He is perfect in justice and also the epitome of mercy. These two qualities are logically incompatible.

He is love and also he is omnipotent. The Asian tsunami showed that he is neither.

He is the god of healing and yet christians die of agonising diseases in equal proportions to heathens.

He is immanent and yet he is perfectly hidden.

He is the hearer of prayer and yet praying to a milk bottle yields identical results.

He is the god of revelation and yet his so-called word is cluttered with contradictions and scientific and historical inaccuracies and failed prophecy.

I could go on and on and on...

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

@OP

You are missing the point of what atheism is. Atheism is not the belief that there is proof that there is no God.

Instead, it is the position that there isn't any evidence that God exists. All atheists are open to the possibility that if tomorrow irrefutable proof that God exists is presented, they will become believers. Richard Dawkins is pretty much saying that in this words.

• freemindfade
  • Ruby456
    Ruby456
    I find viv and cofty just too hostile to reply to

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit