Richard Dawkins talking about a Creator

by FusionTheism 89 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

the evidence is in front of you - all you need to do is listen for two or three minutes.

do you even know what Dawkins says about memes?

• cofty
    cofty
    Dawkin`s is Intelligent enough to admit "He Doesn`t Know".. - Outlaw

To precisely the same extent nobody can know the world was not created by a pink unicorn or tooth fairies don't leave money under children's pillows.

You are as bad as FT for misrepresenting the intentions of what people say.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    the evidence is in front of you - all you need to do is listen for two or three minutes.

OK, you've got nothing. You can't or won't back up your claims and now you're attempting to insinuate that I am somehow at fault.

It's a typical tactic, a sad and laughable tactic and one I am sad to see you turn to.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456
    viv, thats a pretty good description of your own tactics. you and cofty - both of you doing the same thing
  • cofty
    cofty
    you and cofty - both of you doing the same thing

What am I doing exactly Ruby?

Prediction - I won't get a straight answer.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    viv, thats a pretty good description of your own tactics. you and cofty - both of you doing the same thing

And now you're doing PeeWee Herman to attempt to pretend others are guilty of your shortcomings.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You are as bad as FT for misrepresenting the intentions of what people say....cofty

You never get tired of telling people what they think..

I could sit in a JC and have the same conversation,with any number of "Brain Dead" JW Elders..

• cofty
    cofty

Yes I have read the final chapter of The Selfish Gene.

The idea was developed further by Susan Blackmore in "The Meme Machine" which I have on my bookshelf. I have read criticism of the idea of memes and Daniel Dennett's defense of it.

So what does it have to do with the thread?

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

I believe that Richard Dawkins meme theory fuels the militancy of militant atheists. It probably also fuels his own militancy.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

To precisely the same extent nobody can know the world was not created by a pink unicorn or tooth fairies don't leave money under children's pillows.

FT and Ruby do you even read things like this and think about it?

Everyone spends 99% of these threads debating how they debate. No love loss to Viv and Cofty, I am just saying its a downward spiral from here lol

Every time someone want to preach their faith in the abrahamic virus/plague of mankind, it drives us all insane because the subject matter is insane to begin with. And no FT I didn't just call you an idiot, I called discussing the bible a kind of insanity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit