Richard Dawkins talking about a Creator

by FusionTheism 89 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Viviane
    Viviane
    The main point of me posting this is to show that incredibly intelligent scientists say that the existence of some kind of intelligent life-giver and designer is possible.

Let's deal first, with claims you've made and wrote in the OP vs. what you are now saying that is different.

You said you added no commentary. Are you denying that you wrote these words? Richard Dawkins admitted that information inside of DNA, and the origin of life on earth, might point to intelligent designers, perhaps extraterrestrials.

This refutes those atheists who say anyone who believes in a Creator is STUPID or an IDIOT.

Well, first let's make sure we all know what you wrote and said. What you claim doesn't appear to be factual and we all already know that you've a habit of making false claims. Let's get you on solid ground first regarding what you said and did before we move on to attempting to draw conclusions about those things.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    This refutes those atheists who say anyone who believes in a Creator is STUPID or an IDIOT.

I'm glad I'm not one of those minority of atheists. My take on it is that there is no evidence for belief in the traditional gods of the Bible, Koran or other book of fairytales. Until there is evidence of a god then god remains an imaginary sky wizard.

I hope you'll find most atheists just believe in one less god than the average deist.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I hope you'll find most atheists just believe in one less god than the average deist.

There have been at least 30000 gods, deities, goddesses, etc., throughout history. Christians simply 0.000033% less atheist than we are.

• galaxie
    galaxie
    I prefer to say...creative process as in bringing into being. Going before the formation of the earth and the germination of life and subsequent evolutionary journey to the present, rather than creator which implies some definitive entity. Fusion theism I dont believe it's stupidity or idiocy to think in those terms as I have outlined, but to hang your hat on an absolute is foolish, example being yahweh and the continuum and consequence of such belief.
  • Ruby456
    Ruby456

viv, in the recording Richard Dawkins does say what FT says he says.

I don't agree with Dawkins' comments in your recording FT and as I said in a previous post Dawkins empowers memes to such an extent that he gives them agency. I think this possibly stems from spending so much time study the natural histories of organisms.

edit: i am an atheist who doesn't think that those who believe in a creator are stupid or idiots

• Viviane
    Viviane
    viv, in the recording Richard Dawkins does say what FT says he says.

Then please provide the time stamp and quote.

as I said in a previous post Dawkins empowers memes to such an extent that he gives them agency. I think this possibly stems from spending so much time study the natural histories of organsims.

Dawkins coined the word meme and how must time he spends doing science has nothing to do with is in particular.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

How?..

You can`t use Dawkins Quote to support your Belief in God..

Dawkin`s is Intelligent enough to admit "He Doesn`t Know"..

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Again to FT, atheist don't care what fairy tales people want to believe, it's when they use their fairy tales to impact negatively the lives of others that we get upset in people who believe and swear by the unknown.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

viv; it is only a few minutes long - check it yourself

dawkins did not just coin the word meme. furthermore he ties memes to religion - so yes it does matter how much time spends doing science

• Viviane
    Viviane
    viv; it is only a few minutes long - check it yourself

Don't be ridiculous. You made a claim, provide the evidence. Otherwise, why are you talking?

dawkins did not just coin the word meme. furthermore he ties memes to religion - so yes it does matter how much time spends doing science

Specifically, why does his time spent on science have anything to do with memes on religion? Tie the two things together with a cogent, reasoned argument that shows direct cause and effect. Otherwise, you've done nothing but make an empty claim.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit