New Member / Introduction

by ex_Watchtowerite_hubby 14 Replies latest jw friends

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Hi EX WT Hubby.

You are to be commended! Your wife has needed your support and you've been there. It's perfectly understandable that she would still consider herself to be a Jehovah God Witness. I, too feel a closeness to our Creator, BUT I know deep inside that He is NOT backing the deceitful, control mongers who run the Watchtower organization.

Hope to hear more from you, and your wife soon.

Christian Love,

YoursChelbie

Edited by - YoursChelbie on 3 August 2002 14:26:4

• COMF
    COMF

Hi, hubby, welcome to our group.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Very well written Hubby. Certainly good to hear your wifes' mental condition has come around, she seems to be doing fine now. However, this is a great place for advice and support. Some of the folks on this forum are experts at helping people, such as your wife, cope with all she is now facing or will face in the future. Let me add my voice to the folks who would enjoy hearing from her.

• ex_Watchtowerite_hubby
    ex_Watchtowerite_hubby

Thank you all very much for replying to my post, and for all the encouragement and kind words you have expressed.

My wife is still hesitant to sever all ties to the people in the org completely. I keep telling her, "why don't you just tell them exactly what you think and feel, and get it over with? If they disfellowship you, isn't that what you want after all? Wouldn't you be proud to finally be expunged from these mind-control leeches once and for all? " I, myself, would consider being cast out from this cult an honor, a mark of accomplishment. She says, "the Bible says, 'be peaceful with all men' (ROMANS: 12:18)", and "'do not let yourself be conquered by the evil, but keep conquering the evil with the good' (ROMANS: 12:21)"
    I say, "well, you don't have to be mean or hostile when you explain to them how you feel (although it wouldn't hurt to show your own hurt), just tell them matter-of-fact." She feels that she is giving a witness to them when they come to her door, by challenging them with her new found knowledge and courage. But I keep telling her that it's like talking to a brick wall, it's like water off a duck's back to them. They don't listen. They just listen to that programmed little routine of theirs, inculcated by their masters. Those little automatons just shrugg it off as her being won over by satan, or "babylon the Great," or whatever, and that's that! You can't argue with those little minds.
    So much for their knowlegde of the Bible, one of the elders came to our door, quoted one of the scriptures wrong, and my wife had to correct him. He replied that he couldn't find that scripture, even though he had the Bible with him, but didn't bother to look. If she was still in the Borg, she would probably have been reprimanded or whatever, for being disrespectfull to an elder or some such. Probably would of sent her off the deep end again. And this from an elder whom the Watchtower society claims are so knowledgeable, and just recently classified them as part of the "royal priesthood class", or some such. And all because he's a man, and she's a woman. Too much!

As for my mother, they got her when she was in a very bad way, a couple of years after my father died in a boating accident. She was very alone in this country and couldn't speak the language very well.
    She is very aware of their faults, and was probably a few times close to quitting. Whenever I tell her some new shocking revelation regarding this org, such as the child-abuse thing, she goes, "oh really," in a matter-of-fact way, as if it just doesn't surprise her anymore. But she's fallen into a routine now, and it will probably be very hard to get her to quit. She has all (or most) of her freinds there, and she goes to their weddings, baby showers, gossiping on the phone (aren't they not supposed to do that?) etc.; it provides her with a community of people for whom to associate with, and she's relatively satisfied with that. So I don't know what to do about her, because I can't provide a substitute for these. I figure she will probably go to her grave still mired in this parasitic CULT! Kinda sad in a way, but on the other hand she does have a lot of friends there. But are they really her friends, I wonder?

ex_Watchtowerite_Hubby

• rocky220
    rocky220

welcome welcome welcome!!!!!:D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit