Does God Exist? He Sure Does

by comforter 19 Replies latest jw friends

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    Silly arguments or sophisticated reasonings of men cannot render Jehovah God's existence invalid.

Translation: I'll believe in my imaginary friend without regard for evidence or intelligence.

Expatbrit

• patio34
    patio34

Expatbrit said:

Translation: I'll believe in my imaginary friend without regard for evidence or intelligence.

That's the only way it seems to me.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.--Carl Sagan

Faith is the antithesis of proof. --13 Conversations about One Subject

Edited by - Patio34 on 3 August 2002 10:31:45

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

SHE sure does! :)

Jim said it ok by me...the one thing that seems to escape most of Christianity.

I accept total responsibility for my belief(s) or lack of. Let the cards fall where they may. I'm not afraid.

Granny

• Pete2
    Pete2

Does God exist? Well, I was vacationing in the Pacific Northwest when one morning on a hike I stumbled upon God sitting on a camp chair having a sandwich. And who was sitting next to him? Big Foot! And that's not all. They were soon joined by Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy. Hey, saw it with my own eyes!

Pete2

• COMF
    COMF

Imagine if my real father had never spoken to me, hugged me, taught me things, tucked me in at night, soothed away my fears... imagine if my physical father had never been seen or heard by me.

Now imagine trying to convince me that he's been living in the house with me for the past 49 years.

Suppose you convinced me. What kind of father would he be?

• proplog2
    proplog2

I still associate with JW's but I don't fool myself into belief in God. My faith would be as strong as Abraham's if I could actually sit down and have a conversation with an Angel.

As my Dad (who was a JW Elder in good standing when he died at the age of 85) used to say:

"Poop (really he said S--t) in one hand and pray in the other and see which gets filled first"

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey comforter,Does god exist?He very well may.Does the WBTS Jehovah exist?Nope! I like the way Nathan Natas explained it."The WBTS Jehovah is a sock puppet."..WBTS tells fools like you what god says and you believe it.Then WBTS tells you they have new light on what god says,and you believe it.What you think about god dosen`t matter,your a goof that can be told anything,as long as WBTS puts their stamp of approval on it. WBTS can change their mind about what god says at any moment,and you`ll eat it up...OUTLAW

Edited by - OUTLAW on 3 August 2002 12:24:59

• SYN
    SYN

NOTICE how Comforter hasn't replied to his own thread yet!

Which God are you talking about, by the way? Sometimes I get confused with all the Gods running around. Personally, I like THOR! He gets ALL the action with the ladies of Olympus, the bastard

• JanH
    JanH

SYN,

Personally, I like THOR! He gets ALL the action with the ladies of Olympus, the bastard

Uh oh. You are confusing our pantheon with that of the pesky greeks.

Jan

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey

And once again, comforter has left the building...

"It's true because it's true... If y'all won't play by my rules I'll take my ball & go home!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit