Is the Watchtower Shifting All Financial and Legal Risk to Local Elders, are they 100% liable for Negligence?

by Trailer Park Pioneer 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• finally awake
    finally awake
    They are just trying to switch blame on to some one with no money. Then the only punishment is to put him in prison. That way the they can also have more stories of how I went to jail for Jehovah.
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Vidiot and Adjusted Knowledge call it right on page one of this thread.  They want the best of both worlds- all the money from the local congregations and the property but none of the responsibilities for actions.  It won't work in the vast number of cases.  Lawyers include the deepest pockets in their lawsuits and courts will recognize that local elders were following orders.

But lawyers are paid to make their client feel like they are being insulated.  These schemes are similar to waivers signed by parents before letting their children go on a field trip.  Just because you signed a waiver, it doesn't mean you can't sue the school for extreme negligence when something does happen, but some lawyer made the school system feel insulated until that happens.  

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

OTWO,

I agree. It also is a deterrent to people suing. If the WT can convince dubs/former-dubs that the WT is untouchable, the dubs may not pursue a case. 

-TE

• Trailer Park Pioneer
    Trailer Park Pioneer

I agree with all of you the Watchtower is not being honest with the Elder's Body, if only the Elders thought this one through!  I know Elders taken to court over disfellowshiping, the Watchtower helped with that case but others the Watchtower let their Elders wiggle and get a court appointed solicitor or defender.  Their goal is to keep all the green backs, donations and Estates free from Satan's Lawyers.  More examples of "Money above the Congregation and "Be the Fall Guy for Jehovah, he's protect you in those prison showers!"

Watchtower should make all their Elders watch Shaw-shank Redemption and say, 'see, that's you if you don't follow our rules and obey!"  Thanks for considering this thought, feel really bad for the Elders who might get rolled on this and think "Oh Jehovah is really protecting the Slave from Satan", NO, it's the Slave is putting the Elders in front of the Train while they jump back on the platform.  There are solutions to these legal puzzles and layers of protection, Big Tobacco once thought they were immune from lawsuits, after $1 Billion plus in defense costs they paid out huge!

"They want the best of both worlds- all the money from the local congregations and the property but none of the responsibilities for actions.  It won't work in the vast number of cases"

Chase

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit