Response to JW article in TorontoStar published

by Pathofthorns 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

Hawk:

Is there anybody you DON'T know??? LOL

All I can say is that I'm SO glad you're on OUR side!

Love, Scully

• JT
    JT

When I learned that, I was surprised. I mean, they didn't give me a copy of Watch Tower every time I saw them. They didn't tell me the end was near. Plus, I went to the Dave Matthews concert with Deanna Brown, and she never once mentioned God through the whole thing.

In fact, Gollan, 24, Deanna Brown, 22, and sister Karla, 24, were nothing but respectful of other religions during the two hours we talked. The official Jehovah's Witness Web site claims, "Anyone who is serious about his religion should think that it is the right one."

I have no doubt they are steadfast in their beliefs, but after Deanna Brown inferred that Catholic dogma may not be the correct interpretation of the Bible, she apologized repeatedly, afraid she had offended me. These women have no intention of belittling anyone or any religion.

############

this is the reason why in a few years you will not be able to tell jw from any other religion they are becoming mainstream esp the younger folks

notice this comment: "I was surprised. I mean, they didn't give me a copy of Watch Tower every time I saw them. They didn't tell me the end was near"

some of you may recall the KM that was entitled "ARE YOU MAGAZINE CONSCIENCE"

where the service meeting part went into detail about the need to take every single opportunity to offer the mags

if you notice the comment the person was surprised that they didn;t offer the mags and why, it is because jw are known for offering the mags to folks so here we have some young jw who are what we would call LUKE WARM

I gree with the poster who stated in a few yrs while all thier peer are finishing up college and about to embark on real careers they will be out selling books

many of us can speak from exp I KNOW I CAN WE ARE PAYING FOR THE LACK UP PROPER PREPARTAION FOR THE REAL LIFE THAT WE ARE LIVING TODAY

NOT SOME PIE IN THE SKY THAT WT SELLS

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

This Randy fellow seems like a real Star. 69

• jwsons
    jwsons

Randy ? Is him Dog-Patch in this board ? Surely he is.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman
    If anyone knows Randy they should give him the URL to this forum. If his letter is any indication I would think he would make a great contribution here.

Yes, he does.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit