Candace Conti Case

by truthseekeriam 48 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave
    Well done Candace.
  • Driving Force
    Driving Force
    Well Candace kicked the GB in the balls. They were beaten by a woman, and thats great.
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

It's been about three years since you, Candace, and your great attorney started to drag WT through the court system. It has truly been a fun, eye-opening and jaw-dropping ride for us all. Thank you soo much for taking us here at JWN and the entire ex-JW community along for the ride.

May God bless you and yours! May God bless the law firms of Zalkin and team and Rick Simons and team in their other cases as well.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I though Rick Simons was Candace's attorney, and that Zalkin was actually representing plaintiffs in other, more recent cases.

• poopie
    poopie
    Jehovah allowed her to win after all its only fair.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose
    There are certain policies that cannot be changed. Some can be changed through a court of law, and some cannot be changed. The notion that the JW elders have to announce and/or inform the congregation that a pedophile is in their midst does not have legal clout. It won't happen.

I agree, it's my understanding that part of the lawsuit (that elders did not inform the congregation that Kendrick was a pedophile) was overturned, so it wasn't even on the table at this point.

They settled over the fact that elders assigned her to work in field service knowing Kendrick was a pedophile. It's possible the Watchtower changed that policy, which is a good thing and should have been policy from the beginning.

Whatever happened, this was a win for Candace and anyone else who has been impacted by the Watchtower's disgusting practices. The Watchtower has been settling cases for years and keeping it hushed up, which enabled them to a claim they didn't have a pedophile problem. It will be much harder to do so in the future.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Zelkin Law Firm was the Jose Lopez case as well as others still happening now. Simmons was Candace's lawyer.

I for one think Candace did exactly what she stated she wanted. Because of her lawsuit it is now written as precedence that the Watchtower is indeed responsible for letting a known molester access to a child while out on service and they were responsible for it.

She did her part, now it's time for these other cases to go through the process with hopefully yet more changes to the screwed up policies of the WTS when it come to child molesters.

It's a marathon, not a race!

• done4good
    done4good

They settled over the fact that elders assigned her to work in field service knowing Kendrick was a pedophile.

That in of itself is a big deal. It will force change in how the WT conducts its business, if it has not already started in the background. I think much of the recent upheaval of policy, finances, etc. points to the fact that this outcome is shaking things up a bit.

d4g

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

With this info and the potentially foolproof weapon the WT foolishly gave the Lopez case (refusing to provide the pedo database as evidence or a GB member for testimony), legal teams in future cases will have an even clearer idea of how best to proceed.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    There is now more than one case that the WT lost. They used to brag that they hadn't been held responsible for anything they were accused of. Now they have-internationally. Thank you Candace.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit