Candace Conti Case

by truthseekeriam 48 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam
    Just came across this...
    06/23/2015Filed: letter dated June 22, 2015, notifying the court that petitioners, Watchtower and Fremont Congregation have reached a settlement with respondent, Conti.

Click here to request automatic e-mail notifications about this case.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam
    Looks like it's finally over for Candace!! I hope she knows how many of us are extremely grateful for her long fight. I hope she takes her money and lives a very happy life:)
  • oppostate
    oppostate

I'm very glad for Candace! I also hope she can have a happy and fruitful life.

What are the results in the case? Anyone here care to give us the rundown on the particulars of how much this case will set the WT back?

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Anyone here care to give us the rundown on the particulars of how much this case will set the WT back?

If it's a settlement, we'll only likely be able to guess.

I'm assuming that Zalkin did not blink.

Irrespective of the settlement, this means that the decision stands (unless they have made some extreme backroom deal - which would go totally against what Candace set out to accomplish).

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    That girl will go down in history for what she did.
  • jwleaks
    jwleaks
    Great news. Congrats Candace.
  • PorkyFree
    PorkyFree

Settled it in order to reduce publicity - wonder if they have a non disclosure clause in the agreement too ?

There are sure to be others now..... Watch for the rest of the iceberg !

• Mephis
    Mephis
    Glad the court proceedings are at an end for her now and that she has been proven right that Brooklyn can't just wash their hands of things. She's an exceptionally brave woman and she's really pushed the issues of child protection within the JW community right into the spotlight.
  • Giordano
    Giordano

Hopefully the precedent is set and others will come forward to expose this pedophile paradise.

The idea that these KH representatives would have full exposure to innocent house holders and the children of JW's is disgusting.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro
    At this point, everything is public so a gag order doesn't matter. I'm actually shocked the WTS settled. I think they realized the CA Supreme Court was not likely to take the case.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit