Latest Kingdom Ministry

by ConnieLynn 17 Replies latest jw friends

• TheStar
    TheStar

I don't see it either Zenpunk, at least not in this article.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

out4good3 said:

The WT is tightening it's grip on it's membership in the wake of all the scandals being brought to light.

That is my interpretation as well.

They wish to conduct damage control by preventing any more of their members from being exposed to the Truth about the Troof.

After all, facts provided by reputable programs such as Panorama and Dateline are just horrid propaganda unleashed in a perverse apostate scheme. <gag>

This may also serve as a filter to weed out the members who are willing to listen to criticism of the Tower.

Look at the examples of the Andersons and Bill Bowen. Anyone who dares speak out against the practices in WT Land are subsequently disfellowshipped and silenced within the ranks of Dubdom. They are gossiped about and slandered as evil or immoral, so that those who remain Dubs can rationalize to themselves that those who were DF'd are wicked, even if they have committed no action worthy of excommunication, other than exposing the WT for the hypocrites and corrupt assholes they are.

One must remember, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is God's visible organization on earth, and above any reproach or criticism, no matter what the issue is at hand.

Look at quotes within their own literature... as found on this thread.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=33534&site=3

*** Watchtower 3/15 1996 pgs 15-20 "Meeting the Challenge of Loyalty" ***

paragraph 4, last sentence:

Certainly the course of loyalty to Jehovah God is to suffer personal loss rather than to bring reproach upon Jehovah or his organization.

After all, their congregations cannot display unity unless every member marches in a single file goosestep line.

Edited by - Reborn2002 on 1 August 2002 18:3:9

Edited by - Reborn2002 on 1 August 2002 18:8:43

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

The appearance of this article and the disfellowshipping of Bill Bowen cannot be a coincidence.

The WT article quoted is from 1981, just after the Ray Franz incident. The society had a skeleton to hide, so they tightened control. Exactly the same thing has happened today.

The main difference is that, today, we have the internet. The society cannot close off the annonymous communication between persons in today's wired world.

• ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn

I would think there would be some legal issues if they put into print that totally shunning those who have not been expelled from the congregation is okey-dokey. However, when I was a witness, there were "un-written" standards that were insinuated from the platform. It's a little harder to pin those down. But I wouldnt be surprised if that happens in this issue.

• Francois
    Francois

They are going to do down in flames. It is quite obvious they're grasping at straws.

francois

• out4good3
    out4good3

Reborn

Another damning quote from that same article states:

loyalty includes waiting patiently until further understanding is published by the faithful and discreet slave.

What a crock !!!!! So you should just accept personal loss at the hands of the "friends", even to the point of sacrificing your kids to known child molesters and just wait for further understanding as published by the FDS who themselves are never specifically defined. Everything in life falls to the alter of not bringing reproach on Jehovah thus protecting the image of the organization, his "mouthpiece on earth".

I still have a hard time understanding how deluded I was to believe any of that crap.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I don't know what to do about the meeting that will discuss this insert. I want to hear what is said, but I am afraid that I will blow up.
    (I have TWO df'd sons, one who was put out for drug use and sex, understandably; he was turned in though by his two roommates, both of whom had sex twice with 15 yr old girls and went on to marry good little witness girls. My son said, yep, i am drugging, no i don't want to stop; the other two lied their asses off and are still in good standing.
    My other son went to the elders twice about OLD stuff, went and confessed willing and asked for help, and they df'd him. Just like that. And this after I let them know that he was suffering from serious depression, bad enough to mutilate himself, almost a sure sign he was abused as a youngster. When I asked about the depression they said, Depression is not an excuse for wrongdoing. Wow. What deep understanding of addictive behavior and it's causes, huh? Bastards.)
    This article is full of wrong conclusions, half truths and worst of all, what they WANT us to do, as opposed to what the BIBLE says we must do. Paul instituted df'ing over a very public case of flagrant sexual wrongdoing; the society has spun it into a reason to throw out smokers, masturbators, people who have oral sex, people who have sex in the doggy position, addicts who need help, and now WHISTLEBLOWERS.
    How in the hell can we improve this sad faith when they throw out the good ones? How much good could have come if Barbara Anderson's experiences were made public, all the dubs could read it, and the rest of us could pressure leadership to change? WHY does the GB think that if they believe their own spin doctors, that we do too?

This bunch is too stupid to get it, and never will. A fair case could be made that God sent reformers to help clear house, and they have done the equivalent of killing the prophets.

Let's all get out and stay out.

Pistoff

• witchywoman
    witchywoman

Wait for the faithful and discreet slave? Why is the faithful and discreet slave making anyone wait? Do they have to think about it, confer, figure out the correct response. Wait?

I looked for the scripture (could not find it), that was usualy used to when we were trying to explain to someone the reason Jehovah did not approve of sending our young men to fight in the wars, and to be a part of the military in general. Because it would be the same as sacrificing them to Satan and world..............Do not be sacrificing your offspring by making them pass through the fire.Or to make them become accountable for thier fathers sins. All I remember is that it is in the Greek.

So for the faithless and secret slave why aren`t you being faithful to the God that you claim to serve and are speaking for?

Needless to say you faithless and secret slave class, you will answer to the laws of the land.

witchywoman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit