Apostate terminology

by Mum 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Mum
    Mum

My daughter and I, fun-loving apostates that we are, have some terms we use regarding the WT organization and other cults. I would like my fellow posters here to tell us their terms, buzz words, etc., to add to our list: To get the ball rolling, two of our favorites are:

cookie-cutter theology

god-in-a-box

This should be fun!

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

"Genital class" : those who hope to procreate in the new system

• SYN
    SYN

There was a thread about this stuff recently...argh...here is some more:

Dub - Abbreviation for "Jehovah's Witness", taking their name from a ponderous 5 syllables down to ONE!
    J-Dub - See above. For the less hardcore Apostates.
    Dubby - Derogative form of "Dub" - can also mean smaller Dubs.
    Catholics - Really cool bunch of people that Dubs hate.
    Protestants - Really cool bunch of people that Catholics hate.
    BORG - Taken from StarTrek, used to describe the state of the Society at any given point in time. Robot-like obedience is implied, and no freedom of thought.
    BORGanization - See above.
    Roaring - Activity pursued by Silent Lambs who are now screaming about their abuse and making the Tower quiver in it's booties.
    Tower - Short for The Watchtower Bible And Tract Society, a bunch of guys in Brooklyn who sell books and think they're God. Or something.
    LIGHT - For Dubs in the BORGanization, there are many kinds of light. There is New Light, there is Old Light, and there is Middle Light, which is only found in certain special Halls.
    Kingdom Hall - Pretty obvious if you've ever been a Dub, a Kingdom Hall. Often abbreviated to KH or Congregation for short.

Please see Farkel's brilliant "Watchtower Terminology" post for more Dub terms and sayings!

• SYN
    SYN

LMAO @ TruthSeeker!
  • The Alchemist
    The Alchemist

I like Kent's "Witchpower Bable and Crap Society" and Gary Busselman's "The Theochronic Misery School". The great Farkel's "Babylon the Grape". Then there is the generic J-Dubs or Dubs. The humor of it is healing, don't you think?

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

I like when they call Brooklyn - "Crooklyn". It fits.

• Francois
    Francois

Don't forget the "Dark Light"

This is the kind of light that lets Ted Jaracz act like a criminal caught in the act when he's ambushed by a news crew. It also let's the entire Borg justify child molestation.

francois

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

Personally I always thought it was the Watchtower Bible & Cult Society

A few definitions for common terms:

Thong noun

Female undergarment. Thought to have uncanny powers. Used in Judicial Meetings to determine intent.

Education for No Purpose noun

education for no purpose

Archaic term: may refer to liberal arts degree.

• nita6368
    nita6368

Kingdom Cult was always one of my favorites

• JWinSF
    JWinSF

Here a few:

Kingdumb Hall

Kingdumb Hell [variation]

BORG [scary, since Star Trek's mind-controlling group actually uses the initials of the Brooklyn ORGanization - I wonder if the writer had dealings with the JWs]

Jehovah's Witlesses

BTW, did'ja ever notice that the abbreviation for Book Study is BS? How apropos.

Weakly Meetings

Sisters adhere to "the principle of hardship"

That's it for now,

John W Wirtanen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit