THE ATTITUDE OF A BETHELITE

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Bang
    Bang

So if bethel is like jw college campus, I suppose that bethelites can get a masters in lie, then go and practice as master liars. No wonder many people have been duped into joining in with the org., considering that there are masters of the art of deception.

I'd have to argue that bethel is a second rate college though, and that they aren't really masters of deception at all, just regular crims - must run more like a prison, where people get behind the biggest thugs, for protection.

You know, I seem to be able to speak so badly of them without it being slander, but rather, it's actually understated.

bang

• minimus
    minimus

WELL HE IS A BETHELITE>>>I SAID SO?.........the perfect response

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

I attended a congregation close to the Farm in Wallkill. There was a huge mix of hypocracy going on when it came to Bethel. The rich who had their benefactors / the desparately poor who could never even afford a car. The geeks who would never get laid / those who were getting their own action with no one the wiser because they bore the title "bethelite". Whenever a new brother showed up, the sisters (sans me and my rebellious attitude) would line up and see who would be snagging themselves a hubby. Mostly the new ones were pricks until they were beaten into submission or wised up and left (or were kicked out).

• nita6368
    nita6368

I attended the Port Jervis N.Y congregation and the Bethelites there were from the farm and most all of them were great guys. We had little kids and they always helped out and always stayed out at our house on the weekends. We didn't treat them any different than anybody else. The first time we had them out to our house, we were a young couple then...we sat on milk crates and ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. One of the guys did make an awesome Margarita though!

• Larry
    Larry

Bethelites - The chosen ones :) But I'll say something nice about them - Since I was an orphan child my mother wanted them around me as much as possible. There was one that lived in the Queens Assembly Hall as a caretaker. I spent the night at the Assmebly Hall with him a few times. We had a lot of fun, eatng all the left overs from the Assemblies - Remember the Orange Floats? Hmmmmmmmm. He was from CA. and he dressed funny. Remember, as a kid growing up in the inner city, Plaid was a no no in the early 80's. Kinda reminds me of Barnaby Jones :) His name is Dave P. He taught me many things - How to write an outline, Give a talk, and most important, he taught me about beer :) Yes, I learned how to drink at Bethel (of course I was under age.) That's all the guys did, especially after playing basketball at a place near Bethel called the 'hole.' I also remember one time he was engaged and he brought his girlfriend on my study - they couldn't keep their hand off each other :) Anyway, he was a nice guy and he made being a JW fun. I wonder what ever happen to him.

On another note - Raced played a major factor in the views of Bethelites. Many Black mothers considered it a privileged for their daughters to marry a white Bethelite. These guys were treated as Gods - a savior even. Many sisters would pioneer just so they could be accepted into Bethel. In many cases, not all, The Black family would consider it a 'step up' and the White family would always say "Couldn't you do better." Personally speaking most Black JW's I know don't like being Black or what's associated with being Black. When I was growing up I never saw any Black images in Dubs home, In fact if any hint of Blackness was to surface they would discourage it. However, other cultures were acceptable. My mother even said "She didn't like Black people." I think that's one reason why she loves the Borg. - It's a White Organization. Oh man, you should see how she catered to them, treated them like Kings or Faithful Men of Old. I wonder if she would feel the same if the organization had an all Black GB - I seriously doubt it. Remember the 'Greatest Man' book and the picture it had of all the apostles? I wonder what the view would be if they were all painted as Black men. However, her views are just a reflection of the western world we live in. If Jesus or God was always portrayed as a Black guy I wonder how many Christians we would have. If color doesn't matter why not paint Jesus Black for the next hundred of years and see what would happen. If the Pope was Black or if the Priest that molested all these children were Black I wonder what spin the News would put on it. Actually, the one ex [Black] priest that admitted to molesting a child was put in jail. I wonder why the other priest weren't arrrested? If the founding father's of this country were all Black I wonder how patriotic Americans would be.

For what it's worth - Peace - LL :)

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

My Great Uncle was a bethelite.....yes he thought of it as a great priveiledge...I still find it interesting that he has remained a bachelor his entire life (he is now in his 80's)

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

I always felt sad for the ones in bethel. I was only in for a few years, so I didn't meet any "Fulltimers". It just seems like a waste of a life to move to a city away from your family and publish magazines for a few bucks a day. I don't really understand where the honor is.

• Disengaged
    Disengaged

Oh Min.

I think they are so wonderful. I mean just think they go and do all that work for free. Oh! and they loves Jehovah so much. I mean, the many times I went to tour the factories, I just can't forget all those happy, smiley little faces they all had. It made me want to quit my job, leave my family on the spot, take my shoes off and run in the sand,and just go there and be a little Bethelite. Plus they get to see the "Older Men" a.k.a Governing Body, in person, in the flesh. Just think of those blessins'. It must bring chills up those smiley faced, hard workin' for no pay, little/big Bethelites spine. To get up in the morning and see all that holy spirit in one place at the same time. I just don't know how they can do it.

And that's just my take on them. And like Bryan Adams sings "It's straight from the heart

• Disengaged
    Disengaged

• amac
    amac

I remember Rippley, my buddies used to surf with him all the time. And Vela was my floor overseer most of the time I was there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit