what is the issue with smurfs?

by knighthawk1981 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I thought the Defenders were pretty cool. Hey 13th, you mentioned issues 1-17, #17 was my favourite. Don't know why. But it was. I do agree with you though about the Hulk. Never cared for him in the series. Didn't Valkyrie change her uniform for a while to some kind of gold coloured spandex looking thing? This was the only series that I didn't have complete because of the Son of Satan character. He kept popping up and although my mom didn't like me reading them, she would have flipped and thrown all of my comics out if she had seen that guy, so I just avoided the problem by not buying those issues. Thanks for the update on what happened. I stopped reading them all in about 1982 or so, and I've lost track of what happened to that world.

• knighthawk1981
    knighthawk1981

i thought of a comic that cracked on JW's very briefy....it was ultimate x-men 7 maybe 8 but im pretty sure it was 7....you can read it for free on marvel.com

• kat7302
    kat7302

hey Nighthawk............Miss me?

Loved all the Smurf stories by the way! Keep em coming

• Valis
    Valis

These smurfs will be going to good homes all over the country this week!!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Err, you do realise that that article is satirical?? It is not a genuine WT article. However, whoever wrote it has very cleverly captured the phrasing, tone and techniques of the WT writing department to a "T"! If that was to appear in the next issue of the Watchtower, the rank and file would swallow it whole, and lots of poor kitties would be meeting their makers.

I saw another one on the subject of "easing nature" which was similarly hysterical. I must find it.......

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Dear Beautifulgarbage & LisaBObeesa,

Re: the walking smurfs reference:

The one story I had heard was where a little girl took her giant Smurf into the meeting and apparently it got up and walked out!!!!!!!!!!

I wuz thinking ... does that mean that smurfs are smarter than jdubs?

Inquiring minds want to know ....

ESTEE_TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit