what is the issue with smurfs?

by knighthawk1981 55 Replies latest jw friends

• knighthawk1981
    knighthawk1981

hi...i was wondering why JW's think Smurfs are evil? also what is a dub?

• kat7302
    kat7302

right well the smurf thing..........

the only thing I know about it was that there were a couple of stories going around where smurfs had been demonised by people and then taken into the Kingdom halls......The one story I had heard was where a little girl took her giant Smurf into the meeting and apparently it got up and walked out!!!!!!!!!! I cant vouch for this obviously but there we go! Im sure someone else will have more detail!

A dub is a practising JW! (I think!)

• knighthawk1981
    knighthawk1981

nah it was a midget in a smurf suit :.)

i was actually wondering what Dub is short for

• kat7302
    kat7302

Sad to say that I actually dont know!

I think it is short for 'dubbed' or summat!

A midget huh! interesting, the plot thickens.

Nice to meet you anyway Newbie!

• knighthawk1981
    knighthawk1981

so kat were you a JW?

• kat7302
    kat7302

I certainly was...I was born into it and left when I was 15. I was baptized at 11 and regularly on the assembly programmes with my fantastic experiences. My parents are still very strong as are most of my family. How about you? whats your story?

• Stealth
    Stealth

I think that DUB is short for JDUB that is slang for initials JW.

edited to say welcome nighthawk to the DB.

Edited by - stealth on 31 July 2002 20:19:56

• kat7302
    kat7302

oh yeah, I remember now asking someone that myself when I first started posting.....its like Jay (J)Dubellyer (W) So Dub is the short for the Dubbellyer!

• knighthawk1981
    knighthawk1981

never was one....a couple years back i fell in love with one...i worked at chic-fil-a (best chicken sandwich in the world). this girl worked at a shoe store. she'd come into the restaurant every day...we hit it off....we exchanged screen names.....then i found out she was a JW...i didnt know anything about the religion so i decided maybe to go to a couple meetings....but first i researched the bullsh---i mean religion....i was shocked....but still was attracted to her....a few weeks later i had my last day at CFA since i got a new job....then about another three weeks past...i stopped at her store to see her...then her manager comes out and chases me five min later telling me not to come back unless im going to buy something.....with all the crap the WTS has been responsible for.....the only solution is to declare war on the society

• kat7302
    kat7302

Nice sentiment but dont think youll get far with the war effort!

NEVER fall in love with a JW!!!!!! Its one of the oldest rules in the book!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit