Do wicked spirits prove a creator exists?

by haujobbz 22 Replies latest jw friends

• haujobbz
    haujobbz

I was in town today and spoke to a woman i knew and to my surprise she told me she was a satanist member,i then discussed things dealing with god,spirit forces,occult etc.This then made me think if theres no god where do these active forces come from,is there really a realm of spirit creatures called demons,she then told me that these forces are very powerful and can harm those who interfere with there operations,also she said they have a vast amount of knowledge at their disposal and can give her information which couldnt be known otherwise. But does this prove theres a creator ?

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed

No, it proves she is just as brainwashed as the rest of the Borg. Does reason tell you what she is saying is meritous?

• writerpen
    writerpen

to my surprise she told me she was a satanist member

Okay, why do they tell this stuff anyway? Was she flaunting this fact about herself? The reason I ask is because I just moved into a neighborhood and everyone new that I meet asks, "Have you met the lesbian Witch that lives out here?" Evidently, when she introduces herself, she says "Hi I'm Cherrie and I'm a lesbian Witch." I can't understand why she introduces herself this way. At least that is what everyone is telling me that she says when she meets a new person. I don't say, "Hi I'm Tara, and I'm a straight fallen JW." So I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to say when she introduces herself to me. Any ideas?

Edited by - writerpen on 31 July 2002 16:18:25

Edited by - writerpen on 31 July 2002 16:23:50

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

"Do wicked spirits prove a creator exists?" is an example of begging the question. The underlying assumption is that wicked spirits exist, based upon the comments of a Satanist.

This assumption must first be demonstrated as being accurate with evidence and testing in a controlled environment. Only then can the question derived from the assumption be considered valid.

Expatbrit

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Well if you believe in spooky stuff, its a comforting thought that there is something good out there balancing it out.

• Satanus
    Satanus

If the satanist could prove that what he is talking about was real, that would only prove that that spirit exists. It wouldn't prove there was a creator. A spirit world could have always existed the same way that christians say that god always existed, even without a bible type creator god.

SS

Edited by - saintsatan on 31 July 2002 17:13:43

• haujobbz
    haujobbz

So how do you explain :

demon possesion in africa

voodoo magic

witches curses

weegee boards

dead talking

I mean are all these just hoax's or coincedence,when you say "controlled enviroments" whats the point your making.

• Xander
    Xander
    demon possesion in africa
    voodoo magic
    witches curses

Trust me...if ANY of that worked 'as advertised'....uhhhh...nevermind....

I've never seen a properly executed curse cause something to happen that would not have anyway.

weegee boards

Spelled 'ouija' (yeah, I know).

Works about as good as any other divination method - IE., relies a LOT on the parties involved.

dead talking

Well then those aren't 'demons' then, are they? I mean, assuming they really are dead people talking....I'd call that....uhhhh...'dead people talking'?

Edited by - Xander on 31 July 2002 17:19:23

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

If the existance of wicked spirits could be proven, then it would prove the existance of a spirit realm. Good and bad spirits are two sides of the same coin, so the existance of one would make the existance of the other likely.

Unfortunately, the claim of a somewhat deluded, self-professed Satanist is hardly evidence.

For a refutation of this type of claptrap, I recommend Carl Sagan's "The Demon Haunted World - Science as a Candle in the Dark".

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I believe it does. But if you want to take it from a 'Logic' perspective, it too would logically 'prove' that a creator exists...opposites, etc. , a yen for a yang, a positive and negative...etc., etc.

of course, it's MHO

Edited by - Double Edge on 31 July 2002 17:21:55

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit