Women should be silent in the congregation?

by writerpen 17 Replies latest jw friends

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Well I was going to say something cute about silence is golden and but I well maybe not.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

writerpen,

Maybe the preacher is hot for you and wants to offer you some "special privileges"!!!

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Elsewhere said:

Maybe the preacher is hot for you and wants to offer you some "special priviledges"!!!

Sorry, if it is a Catholic priest, she would have to be a small young boy to qualify for that type of affection.

• gumby
    gumby

Well, as I see it.....according to the bible....all the qualifications for appointments were for men.

HUSBANDS, of one wife, and all the other stuff..... was pointed at men. Even God, Jesus, the Angels that rebelled.....men.

The angels who vivsited Abraham....men. All the kings in the bible were men. The older MEN are always spoken of in the bible.

I not one who is sure the bible is for real....but if it were.....I would read it as men have the responsibilities

• CoolBreeze
    CoolBreeze

The Apostle Paul was repressing his homosexuality, this took form in his mysogonistic views of women.

Just my opinion.

Anton

• Robdar
    Robdar

"Elsewhere said:

Maybe the preacher is hot for you and wants to offer you some "special priviledges"!!!

Sorry, if it is a Catholic priest, she would have to be a small young boy to qualify for that type of affection."

Reborn, sorry, you are wrong about this. I once had a Catholic priest ask me to marry him. I assure you that I am not a boy.

Robyn

• 13th_apostate
    13th_apostate

I agree with coolbreeze. I always sort of wondered that about paul. any man not "interested" in women are suspect to me. not that I'm a homophobe mind you - in fact, ANY man, straight or gay, who ISN'T interested in sex at all are HIGHLY suspect to me. (for some reason some friends of my wife are always ending up with guys who "aren't into sex"; WTF is that about?)

:p

will

• The Alchemist
    The Alchemist

To the 13th Apostle:
    There seems to be a 90% probability that opposites attract. I think it is the sexual tension between these two different kinds of people that is interpeted subconsciencely as true love.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit