Women should be silent in the congregation?

by writerpen 17 Replies latest jw friends

• writerpen
    writerpen

Okay, since I've been attending a new church, I've had the opportunity to sit on three committees. I've gone hog wild and volunteered for everything trying to make up for all the years that I couldn't do anything as a female in the KH. Anyway, last night I stirred the shit in one of the meetings by voicing my opinion on how something in the church is run. So now I've been summonsed to dinner with the priest tonight to "discuss some things." Maybe I should have remained "silent" as a woman in the church. LOL. God I'm having so much fun. If only the elders could see me now.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

You Go Girl!!

• SYN
    SYN

WriterPen: The Elders are seeing you now. That minivan outside the street has 3 ministerial servants in it that watch what you do every day.

• Francois
    Francois

SYN is right. They're watching you in that van. I suggest that you clean the house naked. With the curtains open. Then throw on some clothes, run out the back with your digital camera and sneak up on the van and get pictures of them everyone WANKING! Then you print up a hundred copies and next Sunday, you put a copy of the picture under the windshield wiper of every car in the Dub parking lot.

Hey! it's a great idea.

francois

• The Alchemist
    The Alchemist

I am trying to do a little recompence (spelling?) for my badly stated and recieved posts of my opinions on another post. So here goes- A few years ago I would tell you to "shut your mouth and while your at it" to "cover your head." But I read a book (surprised?) called "The Problem With Paul" and it says that Paul was stateing his opinion on women being silent in that particular part of the world and that women did Elder stuff during the first century Christian era etc. Although the book didn't state this I remember in Scripture Paul stating that it was "his opinion" that it is better to not to marry. So I ask what else in his books are his personel opinions? So I say- go at it... but just wear a nice dress when you do.

• SYN
    SYN

LMFAO @ Francois! Dude, you made me spit out my COFFEE!

• jack2
    jack2

I try never to get my wife started on the apostle Paul...I honestly think she hates that guy.

Please note though that the silence for women thing is not just carried on by the jws but by other religions as well, in varying degrees, from what I understand. I guess it all gets traced back to Paul....but lest I get my wife started......

• Mum
    Mum

It's time for the silence to end. Women in church need to speak out. We keep the church going, in terms of membership, attendance, and doing all of the work nobody else wants to do. Our Mother in Heaven is ashamed of us.

• kat7302
    kat7302

2 things I never got........

1-why I couldnt give a talk from the rostrum....I really wanted to do that

2-why women had to cover their heads..that to me was just plain demeaning!

• The Alchemist
    The Alchemist

They did that, they say, because of Scripture. Paul said woman were to remain silent. What I thought was dumb was the way the WT Society got around that. Two Sisters talking to each other and the congregation overhearing their conversation. No wonder they are so hard to figure out

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit