Has this place changed you?

by OUTLAW 51 Replies latest jw friends

• teejay
    teejay

Yep.

Made me more careful of what I say. Probably made me a little more caring; a little less cynical (but not much).

Helped me to find (and even speak with some of them personally) people that I KNEW were out there. Far from apostates.... good people. Good folks.

Over all, I'd say it's well worth the $200 Simon pays for it!

• minimus
    minimus

it hasn't really changed me as I have been viewing this site for quite some time.But it's a fun place and most of those that tended to cause discord are not around, so that makes it more enjoyable!

• bitter mango
    bitter mango
    When I first came here I was happy to find a place where I could laugh, get pissed off or just speak my mind on a subject.The people I have met here are some of the most,kind,careing,informative,helpfull souls. I couldn`t have asked for a better group to be involved with.I do not always agree with my board mates.Even with the ones who piss me off,there is still a comradeship(YK comes to mind,LOL).Finding this board has taught me one important thing.We are not alone,we have each other...OUTLAW

awww, i couldn't have said it better myself. i've never been a jw, but i've found so many great people here that i have so much in common with. good times. outlaw, you rock! can't wait to hang sometime !

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    when I left, I felt very alone and we all know its near enough impossible to try and explain things to ' worldy ' people because theres so much about the Borg which cant be put into words..

Now THATS the "Truth"

I found that no matter how many people I had around me and socialized with I always felt so isolated from everyone.

It was like being from another planet. Even if you tried to explain your life/history/knowledge to ANYONE even a best friend it seemed fruitless and empty because you know they can't relate.

Places like this are important and I never new that before.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Changed me? Not exactly. Only i change me. Then again, i'm still fairly new around here...need a little more time to tell.

Helped me? Most definitely.

...and continues to do so. Brings out a side of me i don't feel safe expressing otherwise. Gives me *practise* at slowly easing out of my anti-social-ness. (or whatever the word is).

It's great knowing i'm not the only freak around. *laff*

SPAZ

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Wow! I go to bed,wake up,check out the thread,and there are so many good posts waiting for me.(((Plymkrzy)),JoannaDandy,Free2Bme,Uglyduckling,Kat7302,Ug,Sabine,Amazing,CCRyder,teejay,minimus,(((Bitter Mango)))(Bea the Canadian she devil,LOL),Spaznik,thank you all for your replys.This board is an interesting place to be.It wouldn`t be the same without all the personalities that call this place cyber home...OUTLAW

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Yeah it has changed some things about me. Or maybe it just brought out who I really have been all along. I have started making friends again, and as a woman it is fun to share the little everyday things with other women , something that has been missing in my life for 15 years. Sad but true.

Some of the girls I cherish are: Xenawarrior, Scootergirl, Eyegirl, Xena, Robdar, Windchaser, Jesika, Mr. Moe, Spice,Beck-Melborne,Prisca,Cassiline, Scully, Puffsrule, wow there are so many I ready admire. One that stands out to me in her support when I first came in here was Joy2free.

I guess I have some favoirte men folks that always act like real gentleman and are funny as hell: Valis, Cowboy, Animal, 144, Barry, Megadude, Just2laws, Outlaw, Simon, D8, Sixofnine,Farkel, Amazing, Spidermonkey,JimTx,Gopher,JanH, really so many to put down.

I always look forward to first thing in the morning as I drink my tea checking out what my cyber family is saying, so much more interesting than the newspaper . I truly care about the lives of all in here, and I look forward to getting to know more of the newbies . Seems like the ones I mentioned above are the ones you are in the chat when I am LATE. I would like to try coming on during the day to get to know more folks.

Another way it has changed me, .... it has made me more independant, more self assured, and I don't take near the amount of bullshit that I used to from people , I dont have to anymore. I have plenty of friends now. And I think you all for your friendship.

Great post Outlaw,,,,,,,,,, made me feel very grateful today.

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey
    I guess I have some favoirte men folks that always act like real gentleman and are funny as hell: Valis, Cowboy, Animal, 144, Barry, Megadude, Just2laws, Outlaw, Simon, D8, Sixofnine,Farkel, Amazing, Spidermonkey,JimTx,Gopher,JanH, really so many to put down- LyinEyes

She damn sure could have put one more down, huh?

Edited by - WildTurkey on 1 August 2002 13:20:35

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

I am still not getting any work done :)

Well, I must say this site has explained alot of things for me. On the outside, I would like at JW's and want to slap them. I couldnt get it, but now after reading all of the AWAKA nonsense I can see how easily it is to fall into. I also have noticed a strong similarity to Mormons- which is a battle I continue to fight with my best friend. Its the same, preach preach preach preach to me, but If I ask questions or challenge its GOODBYE, I dont want to talk to you. Well, I must say this site has helped me with a lot of my frustrations. Thank you folks for posting all the good info- and thanks YK for providing me with hours of cheap laughs :)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey LyinEyes,what a nice post ,thank you..>>>Hey WildTurkey,not only that I`m as cute as a button.(god my kids laugh at me when I say that,lol)..>>>Hey Crazy151Drinker,YK is a character,but he do`s play a Fender Strat.Maybe one day he`ll use his guitar for good instead of evil..LOL...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit