wish me luck!!

by kaykay_mp 16 Replies latest social physical

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

well, the doctor is tired of waiting for me to have a contraction (havent had one since last weekend). im 2 weeks overdue, and i say its about time. however, i had a c-section with my last one and there may be a chance that ill have to have it this time around. it would really suck. i wont get to eat anything for the whole procedure and ill have to stay in the bed with a catheter shoved....uh....you know. ill just leave it at that. everyone wish me luck.

i may not be around to see all the replies to this thread, but ill try to recover as soon as possible.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Wow kaykay! I hope it gets over with soon, and you can put all the pain behind and see your new child. As a man, I have no clue about what you're about to go through. But I was there for the birth of my child, and I remember the child's mom grabbed on to my arm SO TIGHTLY during the process that I thought she'd tear it off! The pain was like that for 10 hours or so, whew I was so glad when it was done even though I didn't feel a thing.

So if it takes a c-section, hopefully it'll be for the best for you and for your child.

I heard a joke about a c-section: "I was delivered by c-section instead of the usual way. There's nothing unusual about me, except every time I leave the house, I feel the urge to go out through the window rather than through the doorway."

Best wishes.

• Prisca
    Prisca

All the best for you and your baby!!

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Dear Kay,

I hope that nature will take over soon and your baby and you will be safe and sound. The second time around is supposed to be a lot faster.

My first child was born after many hours of labor, but the second was born only three hours after I arrived at the hospital. Hopefully your second pregnancy will over soon enough.

Take care of yourself and chew on those ice chips!

YoursChelbie

PS. Gopher you silly person

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Good Luck kaykay (& baby)!

SPAZ

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

I'm keepnig my fingers crossed for you.

Spice newest member of the Jedi class

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

oooh. guess where i am. im at the library on the computer typing stuff. nothing happened last week and i told them i wanted to wait to see if nature take its course.

im trying to avoid another c-section for as long as the doctor agrees. he said that he is NOT going past the 7th of August.

i had a bit of good news at my exam today. (if you guys are offended by the female reproductive system, scroll down quickly!!) he said my cervix had opened 1 cm and that my fluid was "adequate". i don't know -- do you think i miscalculated on my due date? my usual OB (who is on vacation) said that he sees no reason why i shouldn't try for a VBAC; the scar from my last c-section healed very nicely. the reason i had one the first time is that i didn't go past 2 cm, and later found out during the procedure that he had gone sideways while i was being induced.

im totally praying for a VBAC. i feel that i deserve to have a natural birth instead of freaking out during a c-section (again).

• outnfree
    outnfree

kaykay,

Perhaps you have miscalculated your dates -- what does the dr. say? Usually they can measure the baby's head circumference by an ultrasound and have a good idea of the child's development and where you are in your pregnancy.

It's really good news that your cervix is opening and that there is still enough fluid in your amniotic sac. I think too little fluid means that your baby really IS overdue and will become stressed.

I waited 24 hours after being dilated 2 cms. at my last check-up before delivery for my second baby, then had a few labor pains (which then stopped). When I got to the hospital I think I was at four, and they ruptured the sac. Waited a few hours, and then I/she? had to be induced. But she was delivered vaginally. So don't despair.

Best wishes for an easy delivery and a healthy baby!

outnfree

• ugg
    ugg

hang in there!!!!!! hope all goes well either way it happens....congratulations!!!!!

• butalbee
    butalbee
    Good luck!!!!

Love to see some baby pic's in the near future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit