Can Non-Jehovah's Witness Resurrect?

by ApostleJon 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ApostleJon
    ApostleJon

I have a question on resurrection after Christ's 2nd Coming... Let say that some of my family has passed away without any knowledge of JW gospel or whatever in this case. Can they resurrect and join us in the paradise to live forever? Can they decide that they have nothing to do with JW but profess that they believes in Christ and live in paradise with all of us? Let me know the answer bec I am curious about it...

AJ

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

*** Watchtower 1981 December 1 p.27 The Path of the Righteous Does Keep Getting Brighter ***

Jehovah God has also provided his visible organization, his "faithful and discreet slave," made up of spirit-anointed ones ... Unless we are in touch with this channel of communication that God is using, we will not progress along the road to life, no matter how much Bible reading we do.

*** You Can live Forever (1982, 1990) p.255 ***

Do not conclude that there are different roads, or ways, that you can follow to gain life in God's new system. There is only one. There was just one ark that survived the Flood, not a number of boats. And there will be only one organization--God's visible organization -- that will survive the fast-approaching "great tribulation. " It is simply not true that all religions lead to the same goal . . . . You must be part of Jehovah's organization , doing God's will, in order to receive his blessing of everlasting life...

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Almost forgot... thanks goes to Quotes for the quotes!!!

http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/exclusivity.htm

• Farkel
    Farkel

ApostleJon,

I thought Apostles had all the answers.

Farkel

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Seems I always remembered being told that if one had never been exposed to the "truth" could be brought back to life.

It was even told to me that quite possibly men such as Hitler and Genghis Khan could be resurrected if they had never heard the "truth."

This was something that greatly disturbed me because I could not understand why all the little children were falling into the gigantic crack in the earth as depicted in the Paradise book. I was told because their parents did not follow the "truth" therefore they assured the death of their children as well.

I could *never* follow this logic even as a child.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Let say that some of my family has passed away without any knowledge of JW gospel or whatever in this case

JW Gospel doesn't mean zip. What counts is the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and unlike the "JW Gospel" His is inclusive, not exclusive....so the answer to your question is YES...you will be with all your family in the resurrection.... God loves families and wants them to be together, not apart...that was the 'message' of the Redeemer and Saviour.

• blondie
    blondie

Current JW teaching on resurrection:

Since the change in the "understanding" of the sheep and the goats, Jesus will not judge them until after the great tribulation starts. Thus in JW thinking anyone who dies before then will be resurrected to earth regardless of their nonbelief. If they are executed by Jesus and the angels during Armageddon, death is permanent.

I guess JWs should be killing the people they preach to or advocating suicide since it guarantees these non-JWs will be resurrected into paradise on earth.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    God loves families and wants them to be together, not apart...that was the 'message' of the Redeemer and Saviour.

No it wasn't.

Matthew 10:34 "Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace but a sword. 10:35 For I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law, 10:36 and a man's enemies will be the members of his household. 10:37 Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me."

• b_ster
    b_ster

Excuse me, but *why* would you want to come back to the JWs paradise earth?!

Even before I learned the *truth* about the truth I had always thought that if one day I awoke into the JWs paradise earth, I would immediately commit suicide.

• Bang
    Bang

his father (devil), her mother (possession)

son and daughters (works)

By that it sure seems like He was including dub types

bang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit