Famous People Who've Died In Plane Crashes

by Dutchie 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Swan
    Swan

Also Missouri governor Mel Carnahan and his son. He was running for senator against John Ashcroft in the 2000 election. He died about a week before the election and still beat Ashcroft. Mrs. Carnahan agreed to serve in his place. Ashcroft, defeated by a dead man, went on to be appointed U.S. Attorney General by George W. Bush. Just some historical trivia.

• Swan
    Swan

Would Icarus count?

• finnrot
    finnrot

The first person to die in a plane crash was Thomas Selfridge.

Bill Graham, Payne Stewart, Alexander Onassis, Mike Todd, Davis Love Sr.

Manfred Von Richtofen, Kathleen Kennedy Hartington, Philippe Cousteau

Davey Allison, Joseph P. Kennedy Jr., Sanjay Gandhi

Muhammad Bin Laden (Father of Osama)

Cal Poly San Luis Obispo football team (Madden was a coach, that's why he doesn't fly)

Uruguay Rugby team (Yum Yum, nuff said)

Dino Martin (son of Dean)

Natalie Sinatra (Mother of Ole blue eyes)

Jock Ewing

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

As you may have noticed, most crashes involve private aircraft. The chance of an incident on a commercial plane are next to none. Besides, as a flight incident survivor, if I could get back to my job and fly almost every week, anyone can. Mind you I was a basket case for several months.

Plus - does anyone remember D.B.Cooper (1969)? Though no one knows if he survived diving out the back of a commercial jet.

• Englishman
  • Dino
    Dino

Dakota, your experience reminds me of the aggie, who upon hearing that most accidents occur three miles from home,

moved!

• FriendlyFellaAL
    FriendlyFellaAL
    December 31, 1985: Rock 'n roll singer Rick Nelson (45), five members of his Stone Canyon band, and his fiance were killed when a fire broke out on board a DC-3 taking them to a New Year's Eve performance in Dallas, Texas. Two people survived the crash landing near DeKalb, Texas. The fire was caused by a malfunctioning heater. Nelson was first known as the son of Ozzie and Harriet in their TV show of the late 1950s. He later became famous as the singer of such hits as Travelin' Man and Garden Party.

Don't mean to take this thread over, but I absolutely can not believe that it has been 17 years since Rick Nelson died! I remember being completely devestated when this happened. Then a few days after his death there were all those ugly allegations about whether or not drugs were involved in the crash.

Silly to admit it, but I'm getting a little choked up as I sit here thinking about this. I was 13 at the time and being a JW his type of music was right up my parent's alley, so naturally I was a big fan. So, so sad.

Brian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit