Famous People Who've Died In Plane Crashes

by Dutchie 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

I'm in the process of making plans for my yearly vacation and although I am not really afraid to fly, I must admit to being a little

apprehensive. Anyway, it seems to me that if I were a famous person I would be even more apprehensive because so many of them

die in plane crashes. Probably not more than the national average, but still planes crashes claim the lives of many stars.

I can think of Carol Lombard and Richie Valens. Who else?

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Alliyah (sp)

California Raisins

JFK jr.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Dutchie,

Before I answer you, I must say that the drive to and from the airport is statistically far more hazardous than a commercial flight. They've got commercial aviation down to a science, safely landing them even when the weather is bad.

Tens of thousands of planes take off and land each day without incident. Think of how many people die each day in automobile accidents.

You're safer flying at 25,000 feet than you are in your own bathtub!

But you asked for celebrity deaths. Can you believe they have a "fear of flying -- celebrity deaths" website?

Here it is: http://www.celebratetoday.com/airceleb.html

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Really Gopher? Now I'm going to be apprehensive on the way to the airport! Thanks a lot!

No, I never heard of that website.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

American Pie

Valance/Hollie/Bopper/

recent was the latin girl (I think)or maybe she was blk. Up and rising new star. But anyway the pilot was said to be coked out and the plane was over loaded to.

Can't recall her name.

Patsy Cline

John Denver

Stevie Ray Vaugn

There was a musician who died in the 911 crash also. (or a rodie)

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Aaliyah

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Otis Redding

Jim Croce

Amelia Earhart (? maybe, maybe not ?)

Edited by - StinkyPantz on 30 July 2002 20:25:27

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

although I am not really afraid to fly, I must admit to being a little apprehensive.

i'm afraid. very afraid. i had a monstrous flight a few weeks ago and now i'm all freaked out. so i understand how you feel. @ least you're not as bad as me...

most of those famous people died in small planes, not commercial jets. stevie ray vaughn died in a heicopter crash. terrible, terrible loss. truly a legend in his own time...

maybe i'll take one of those "fear of flying" classes at the airport. good luck with your flying... just console yourself that you're not as whacked-out as incense is and you'll be fine ~xox

• Swan
    Swan

Didn't Rick Nelson die in a plane crash too?

• Tammie
    Tammie

Reba McEntire had lost her whole band to a plane crash. She was not on it, if I remember correctly because she was sick, and was going to come over the next day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit