I sold my soul for lobster

by joannadandy 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Ok so my parents big deal has always been while I may not go to meetings they are free to ask about my religious status, and invite me to meetings (I do not have to accept the invitation) as long as I live under their roof.

My parents other big deal is to go out to lunch after the sunday meeting. In fact, they usually say "Say, wanna come to the meeting tomorrow? We will take ya to a nice resturant afterword" To which I always said, thanks but no.

Last night my mother said to my father "Let's go to (my favorite resturant in the whole wide world) after the meeting on sunday"

I was joking when I said "Dude, if you go there, I will go to the meeting with you"

To which my mom a.k.a the devil's dark mistress said "deal"

CRAP ON A CRACKER BATMAN!

Now granted I was joking, and I know they won't hold me to it, but then I got to thinking it might be fun to go just to take notes and recall all the stupid things they used to talk about. Plus did I mention lobster dinner afterward??

We'll see how brave I am after drinking all night Saturday...but I thought I would take an informal poll of all you fine posters here.

Option A) A few laughs, spread some hope to the masses that I may return, and oh yes LOBSTER DINNER

Option B) Maintain my integrity, sleep off my hangover sunday morning, and stay home.

• SYN
    SYN

Maybe you should just carry on drinking straight into Sunday and up until you get out of the car at the Hall. Alcohol in larshe quantitiesh hash been known to make meetingsh more bearable.

• Fatal Error
    Fatal Error

Integrity isn't edible, and even if it were, it wouldn't taste anywhere near as good as lobster

You could always sit in the front row and maintain a fixed disdainful stare on the speaker and try and put him off, keeps me amused each time...

[edited to correct one of THOSE DAMN SPEELING MISTAKES THAT JUST SEEM TO CREEP IN EVERYWHERE!]

Edited by - fatal error on 30 July 2002 19:29:51

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Ohhh fatal!! I like the way you think! Good call--the evil eye rocks!

Anymore suggestions for me?

• Fatal Error
    Fatal Error

Clearing your throat or coughing loudly whenever he is making an emphasized point usually drives them up the wall too

Edited by - fatal error on 30 July 2002 19:32:42

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Nobody has yet proposed the simplest, most integrity-ful solution:

Buy your own lobster dinner.

Gently Feral
    who really really understands the temptation, but possibly hates meetings even worse than you do

• JanH
    JanH

Joanna,

LOL. I propose your subject title as JWD Headline of the Month!

- Jan

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

ahh thanks JanH, you know I try, I really do!

• heathen
    heathen

grow a beard lol

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

hmmmmmm.......jo how bout maybe we meet up there and smoke those little cigars in the baby room?? that could certainly prove to be some fun, heehee.

beck

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit