Sisters Rock

by joannadandy 12 Replies latest jw friends

• joannadandy
    joannadandy
    may I use that idea????

Last I checked shutter there was no copywrite on it...lol...we were just driving a long in northern Minnesota when my mom yelled "Stop the car! Get Out! We need a picture" So go for it

• ugg
    ugg

all of this is so deeply touching.......thank you for sharing

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

This is a very touching thread Joanna. My sister lives a rocks throw behind me right now, even as close as we live we don't get to spend time as much as we could if our lives were different. She works 9 to 5 and I have 3 kids that always need me for something. We try to have a sister's day out and catch up and laugh and sing the Dixie Chicks together.LOL. We act like kids again, or really more like sisters than we ever did. My little sister is 3 yrs younger but growing up I was like her mom. I feed her, changed her, disciplined her, held her , bathed her when my mom was incapable of doing so. I held her crying in my lap while mom was in rehab for the 10th time. My sister always depended more on me than our mom. It took many years for me to break the cycle of being being the mom, like I said we are only 3 yrs apart, and I wanted a sister . Now things are closer to normal for us and we don't fight or judge one another. She was my only friend and playmate for along time, and the day I got married and left home, she was the one that broke my heart. I hated to leave her there, without support, but I was 18 and ready to get on with my life. I wish now I would have taken her with me. I will try to post some pics of us , if I can figure it out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit