Sisters Rock

by joannadandy 12 Replies latest jw friends

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I was looking for some bad 80's pics to post of me in another thread, and I came across a ton of me and my sister. There is a big age gap between us, she is 12 years older than me. So when I was in kindergarten she was a senior in high school. She lugged my sorry ass all over the place, and baby sat me I don't know how many times. (She also tortured me and beat the crap out of me lots too, let's not get too mushy here)

She moved out when she was 18 (to escape the overbearing JW parents) and I don't blame her now. Back then I was pissed that she moved so far away. We were not close for a long time. Mostly because I was playing with Barbies while she was trying to make rent. We didn't have much to talk about.

Luckily I got to move in with her for 6 months when I was 19. For the first time I felt like I had a sister. It was weird, we grew up so far apart, and yet so much a like. We have the same laugh, we make the same facial expressions and gestures. It was just wild. I am very happy to say we are very close now, despite the 1500 miles between us, we talk to each other all the time on the phone, in e-mails, and letters. Mostly we crab about our Mother, and wonder how our Dad puts up with her. But it feels so good to have a friend like her in my life. She is easily my best friend, my therepist, my grief conselor, and so much more.

So looking at these pics reminded me of how lucky I am to have her, and I just wanted to start a thread for all those sisters out there who are lucky enough to have each other. Cuz sisters rock!!

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

{{{{{Joanna}}}}}}}}}

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

Joanna, you're lucky to have a terrific sister. I have three sisters, but only one of them will claim me. She is twelve years older than me, too, and she says she never had dolls because she had siblings to play babydoll with. She has always been wonderful to me, and since our mom died she has been my surrogate mom. She taught me to read when I was very little (for which this bookworm can never thank her enough :) ), and has taught me to embroider, crochet, and sew simple things (even though I am the klutziest hamhand in the universe, she patiently stuck with me until I got it right.) My house is full of gorgeous things she has sewn, knitted, crocheted, and painted. My life has been enriched a thousand times over by her love and support.

Cherish your sister, dear. My sis is dying of cancer and I wish I could spend every second with her; the world will be a dimmer place when she passes over, but if there is an afterlife, she will be a shining star there.

I've been really lucky to find some wonderful loyal ex-JW sisters in my years online, and they more than make up for the two flesh sisters who shun me.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Amen MD--especially about the ex-jw sisters you now have.

Beautiful story too by the way--thank you so much for sharing!

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

My sister is also 12 years older than me. I guess I am blessed b/c she just lives 15 minutes from me and we are very close. She has been like a mother to me.

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

Joannadandy,

You and your sister are certainly very pretty girls. Enjoy your friendship, it sounds wonderful.

MD,

I'm so sorry to hear about your sister's illness, may she have peace.

Free

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Joanna,

That was a great shot of you and your sister in the sunflower field, may I use that idea????

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

Its funnie--when we were growing up me and my sister (she is older) never got along. Now that we are both adults we get along pretty good (even though she is still a dub).

Great pictures btw Joanna

I get a kick out of this song evertime I hear it....

My sister (Julianna hatfield)

My sister... My sister... My sister.

I hate my sister, she's such a bitch.
    She acts as if she doesn't even know that I exist.
    But I would do anything to let her know I care.
    But I am only talking to myself 'cos she isn't there.

My sister, I love my sister, she's the best.
    She's cooler than any other girl that I have ever met.
    She had the greatest band, she had the greatest guy.
    She's good at everything and doesn't even try.

She's got a wall around her nobody can climb.
    She lets her ladder down for those who really shine.
    I tried to scale it, but to me she's blind.
    So I lit a firecracker, went off in my eye.

I miss my sister, why'd she go ?
    She's the one who would have taken me
    To my first all-ages show.
    It was the Violent Femmes and the Del Fuegos,
    Before they had a record out. Before they went gold,
    And started to grow.

I miss my sister. I miss my sister.
    I miss my sister. I really miss her.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

What great pics Joanna! I love the sunflower field pic too!

YES.....sisters do rock, don't they? I don't know what I would do without eyegirl!

There is 10 years between eyegirl and me......so I am about 11 yrs old and eyegirl about 1 in this photo.

This is a pic of our "reunion" day (Easter Sunday, 2001) after being seperated for 16 years! We still have to go out and get matching swimsuits yet! LOL

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

awwwwww.....scooter :) i'm sure you all know how much i love my sister. i don't know what i'd do without her either. she's my best friend, cheerleader, psychiatrist, love advisor, etc. everyday i'm so thankful that you're in my life again, my one regret is that i wish i'd have 'seen the light' sooner. would have been great to be roomies before you and filthy were married--maybe you could have straightened me out a bit in my formative years thank you for always being there for me, for giving me a shoulder to cry on when i need it, a good kick in the a$$ when i need that, good advice, and helping me along in my 'spiritual journey.' i love you teenie

beck

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit