Car Wars

by Crystal 39 Replies latest jw friends

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

I have a Geo Prism Lsi---mine is older than this one (1995) and it has a spoiler on the back (and also is stick--once I learned how to drive a 5-speed I will never go back). It has been a pretty good car and still looks nice.

As far as what I would like to own...hmmm--I have always wanted a Jeep Wrangler for my outdoorsy nature. A Porshe for my love of speed. A hummer just because they are cool.

Guys in Jeeps or anything VW (especially if they have an old VW van.. *sigh*) turn me on.

Guys that drive those overrated sports cars turn me off. I feel like they are trying to overcompensate for something. (you know--Camaros, Firebirds etc)

The ultimate car for me would be "General Lee" just like the one from The Dukes of Hazzard. I had the biggest crush on those guys when I was growing up. Oh sooo yummy.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Saab 9000i

Leather upholstery, Walnut dashboard, power steering - perfect for those long drives to British Apostofests

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Since I have more faith in foreign autos such as toyota-bmw-volvo I am really surprised with my 1991 oldsmobile cutlass supreme. It has 187000 miles on it and I have only replaced the brake shoes and pads, the front and rear struts and spark plugs and the alternator.

I am amazed to get this kind of life from an american auto that I didn't have much faith in.

Since I do all my own repairs this hasn't cost me much at all. I have never had this kind of mileage out of an american automobile with so few repairs.

I also keep the maintainance up to date. Such as regular oil/filter change etc.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

Guys that drive those overrated sports cars turn me off. I feel like they are trying to overcompensate for something.

really? i think it's more of a performance thing - a lot of those cars have a lot of power and handle great, which makes them FUN to drive. and if a man has gotten to a place in life where he can afford say, a Jaguar, Ferrari, Maserati, Corvette, BMW 750i, Callaway SuperNatural 400 (which is a rocket), Acura NSX, Bentley, etc., i say go for it. life is short and you might as well have a little fun

signed,
    ~incense the car freak

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp
    really? i think it's more of a performance thing - a lot of those cars have a lot of power and handle great, which makes them FUN to drive. and if a man has gotten to a place in life where he can afford say, a Jaguar, Ferrari, Maserati, Corvette, BMW 750i, Callaway SuperNatural 400 (which is a rocket), Acura NSX, Bentley, etc., i say go for it. life is short and you might as well have a little fun

Wish it was that way where I live.

A friend once gave me advice on guys (and I will probably get flamed but please be assured this is not what I "decide" anything on)--that the ones that drive those kinds of cars usually will spend all their money and all their time on them.

I would rather have a guy that had a car that got him where he needed to go and his free time was spent with me. *sigh*--please dont think that I am making this as big of deal as it sounds because when it comes to guys what they drive is usualy the last thing on my mind--I am much more interested in what drives them .

(((((((I&P))))))) I still luv ya

• joenobody
    joenobody

Audi A6 Quattro... I love it...

• chappy
    chappy

My BMW M6

chappy

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

I drive a 10 year old Chevy S-10. The rust holds everything together. Someday, when it dies, I'm going to get a Subaru WRX. Though I think this truck's going to last forever....it's already past the 150 mark and still cruising 100+ miles a day.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

We have a '99 Ford F-150, cab plus, 4x4, sport side. It is black, and has a cow killer on the front, or you might it a brush guard. LOL I really need a step ladder to get in it, you know us southerners, we like our trucks to be high off the ground , you know in case of a flood , and to avoid hitting armedillos so hard.

I really want one of the new black mercedes, or a jag would do too.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Next car I'm thinking maybe a retired Ford Crown Vic police cruiser

Yeah!! I had one for about 2 years (before it got repoed :( )

It was great! Power, handling, and NO TICKETS! It had the dog dish rims and the antennas on the back! I LOVED IT! I flew past a sheriff on the freeway once going 100+ !!!! I miss my crown vic :(

I think if I buy another one, I might go with a 93-95 Caprice. They have more power and have tons of aftermarket upgrades (thanks to the Impalla SS). The only thing is most police departments use the Crown Vics so you cant blend in as well.

When I would drive down the freeway, no one would pass me! It was sooo much fun :)

Cars that I need:

91 GMC Syclone, 68 Dodge Dart 4speed with a Big Blockk, 65 Nova funny car with stacks, and a 500SEL - gotta love MBZ!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit