Car Wars

by Crystal 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Crystal
    Crystal

Today I had my jeep towed into the shop..I dreaded the ride in with the driver (im extremly shy)

But we ended up haveing a great conversation about what vehicle i should buy next.

what a perfect person to ask cuz of his job

He said "dont get another jeep they roll too easy and they catch on fire."

He said"We have to go pick up Fords more than any other vehicle"

He said"Buy chevys...their the best"

What is your vehicle? and are you happy with it?

Post pics of your prized (worldly) possesion or your nightmare on wheels.

• roybatty
    roybatty

My Volvo S40 has been a great car. 75,000 miles and not even a small problem. I'm planning to trade it in soon for another Volvo, the S60. Before that I car a Grand Prix (GM) which was ok, but definately not put together as well as many European cars. And before that I had a Dodge Intrepid, which was a piece of junk.

• maximumflash
    maximumflash

I have a 2002 Suzuki XL-7 which I like so far. Have had it about 5 months. The only thing I don't like is that it bouces a little when you hit a bump in the road. Other than that it is a good SUV.

I also have a 1984 Toyota P.O.S. Celica. Can't say much for this one except that I will sell it to the person that puts $500 in my hand.

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed

Don't buy a VW Rabbit, esp. if it's an 83 GTI. It may have been mine, of which, had seen many pushed miles of barren highway scrub.

• teejay
    teejay

This is what I drive:

... except mine's a 1999. I love it. I will drive it until the wheels fall off.

Like Chevy trucks, it's made by General Motors. It's been said that Chevy's and GMC's are made in the same factory. At the end of the line, the trucks are checked for quality control. If it's flawless, they stamp it w/ a GMC logo. If it has flaws that need to be reworked, it's sent back.

A joke, of course, but I haven't had a minutes worth of trouble with it. (Now that I say that, it will probably blow up on the way home tonight....)

• Analysis
    Analysis

How long did you drive the Jeep? How old is it and how many miles?

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

I find the post on the suzuki quite funny:

I have a 2002 Suzuki XL-7 which I like so far. Have had it about 5 months. The only thing I don't like is that it bouces a little when you hit a bump in the road. Other than that it is a good SUV.

Its good that you like your automobile. I don't want to burst any bubbles or anything but it strikes me funny that an SUV would be a great car until it hits a bump on the road. Kinda makes the SUV part of it worthless, correct? May as well have purchased a station wagon or something. But don't mind me, I'm a little slanted when it comes to the suv issue.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

was it a jeep cherokee? i had one of those. that thing was in the shop a zillion times, from the first week under warranty (brand-new) up until when i traded it in. it was, sadly, the only lemon i ever owned. that was when i was in my "soccer mom" phase. but they are cool-looking... i hope your jeep gets better soon.

anyway i traded it in and got this, which i love. my son named it "woodstock", after the little yellow bird in "peanuts"

it even has a little vase in it by the steering wheel. i keep fake daisies in it . if you're thinking about a new car, (or as we call them, "pods") get one of these. they're a lot of fun.... i'm saving up to get a custom paint job. i don't know exactly what i'm going to do yet, but people do all kinds of funny things with their punch-buggies i thought about having a giant american flag or a union jack painted on it...

(removed web links to speed loading of thread. sorry about that )

Edited by - Incense_and_Peppermints on 30 July 2002 17:6:46

• animal
    animal

Bleck... cars..... I prefer bikes, like this one I built back in the early 90's:

Animal

• happy man
    happy man

congratulaitions to swedish quality, you as have one volvo, but the best Volvo is V 70.

Myself have Citroen C 5 , V6,

It is like french women nice too loke at, but you never now what happend in the end,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit