Convention Invites are Idiotic

by cookiemaster 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    LisaRose; "up with the gods" section !
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Just the convention invites?

Everything about this religion is idiotic it only varies by degree.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Convention Invites are Idiotic

Convention invites are primarily for internal advertising among JWs..

To make them feel like they belong to a Normal Religion..

"The Average Person Can Just Walk In The Door and Feel Welcomed."

The Truth is..

If you don`t have a JW hosting you..

You`ll have JW Assembly Security following you around..

You don`t talk right,you don`t look,right you don`t dress right.....And..

That`s just the beginning of what`s wrong with you..

DO YOU FEEL WELCOMED YET??!!..

Image result for Watchtower logo

....................Image result for unwelcome guest

• kaik
    kaik

Also nobody mentions that large gathering make easy to spread a propaganda. It is indoctrination. While many people are oblivious to WT doctrines and lag in field service, the convention attempts to stir up the association of one individual to a large pool of people by production of well measured hysteria. In that moment, people became spiritually delirious and feel the moment of being Chosen people. I witnessed several of these conventions where tens of thousands JWs gathered in one place like in Strahov 1991 with 80,000 to 100,000 people, and the mass spiritual hysteria had occurred.

The mass gatherings are not specialty of JWs, they were invented in the 19th century by German nationalists. Mass rallies became popular for other nationals in Austria-Hungary as early as 1868 as a result of Pan-german conventions. Later they had political context and were used by both Stalin and Hitler totalitarian regimes. North Korea also stages mass rallies like this, were people are introduced under strict guideline to the state propaganda. I remember this form of brainwashing from communist rallies in the 80-85, which were extremely similar to the one I attended in Strahov: Enemies (political/spiritual like Satan), better future ahead (classless society/paradise), new goals... etc.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

According to my source, publishers are only being given 30 invitations each this year, and they must be handed directly to a person - not put through letter-boxes!

May be different in other areas - I don't even know about my own "beard" congregation's details!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Make them waste time, and they cannot prepare for anything else. They will not see the financial crisis coming because they are too busy wasting time spreading this rubbish. They will not see warning signs of communism coming from Christi-SCAM-ity. And they will not see warning signs that they might be without electricity for a long period, or regular periods. And they cannot do anything about it because they are wasting their time murdering trees.

And their souls will be damned. This stagnation is precisely what joke-hova is using to lead people to their damnation. Obey stupid instruction "in the name of god", and do not think about it. Then, their connection to the damnation book (the LIE-ble) will secure their damnation and that of everyone else. Which is what joke-hova wants, and what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger wants for us.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    So, why do they keep this idiotic practice going year after year?

1. Keeps the ordinary J-dub busy.

2. It's easy hours for publishers, so they don't mind. That many fewer presentations to give.

I'd be curious to know whether, since this invitation work began, there has been any marked increase in convention attendance. Same goes for the Memorial-- since the invitation work started, has there been a measurable % increase in worldwide attendance? If the "faithful and discreet slave" thought it was worth all that expense and effort, surely it must have reaped measurable results for the Master.

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    Every convention they always have an experience of someone coming to the convention for the first time because of one of these tracts. If they don't have one of those experiences, then they interview someone who placed one and the person showed interest. They'll talk about how they went back and asked if they needed help getting to the convention, yada yada yada. Rinse & repeat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit