Too wierd to be true... but it is... Elders???

by Lapuce 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Yes, Reborn, that was our very own dear brother Dave Wiltshire, who was slightly roughed up by at least one of the elders and then told to get out of the Kingdom Hall. Dave's experience was my inspiration for the suggestion I made above - truth is stranger than fiction!

"Arrested for going kingdumb and dumber hall!" http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=24124&site=3

"Jehovah Witness Pastors Has A Sheep ...Arrested" http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=24362&site=3&page=2

Dave, if you read this, I'd like to know how things went down at the courthouse - my email is open if you prefer to go that route.

Edited by - Nathan Natas on 30 July 2002 1:38:54

Edited by - Nathan Natas on 30 July 2002 1:40:22

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Nathan,

According to california law I was allowed a trial by jury and that was the route I was going to take even had the Judge call for a jury. As I was sitting in the court house the Judge was telling me how to select a jury, I started to get a little over whelmed and really didn't think I would be able to do a good job at defending myself, I guess a little nervous too so I asked the Judge what would be my fine if I pleaded guilty he said $50. I asked him if it would be a bad mark on my clean record and he said not to worry because he was a Judge and he had worse on his record but it didn't stop him from being a Judge.

So the long and short I pleaded guilty and paid my small fine. In the process I was able to tell all in the court at that time to make sure to watch the Dateline that night and most their expressed that they would(facial expressions).

Even durring all the proceedings I was able to explain to the court alittle about what the Society teaches about person who disagree with them and How my family who are witnesses shun me for fear they would themselves be shunned if they were caught fellowshipping with me. Those in the court were shocked and I'm sure I had there sympathy.

Thanks for the intrest Nathan

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Amazing story D wiltshire.

You are a brave man, and I admire your conviction to actually take that book and sit in a wretched Kingdumb Hall of Jehoober's Witlesses.

I do not personally think I could stomach it.

I am overjoyed that you had an opportunity to present that information to those in the courtroom with you. If your story and efforts prevent ONE person from joining their wicked cult, then it was worth the effort.

My sincerest respects.

Nathan-

Thank you for posting that thread. Proof to others that I am not crazy.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

DAVE! You Rascal. (Smile)

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

It all depends on the elders I think. One thing I've discovered is that, despite what they say there is no one standard for everyone.

My husband left the truth about a year before I did (he gently worked on me and finally I saw the light). He bought lottery tickets, even smoked a couple of times while out having a beer and the elders didn't say boo. They listened to my tears that I was going to lose him at Armaggeddon and left it at that. No one was in a hurry to disfellowship him. Even now, though we don't do anything unscriptural per say at this time, it's quite obvious that we are both apostates, yet the JWs haven't come near the house in years.

Edited for bad spelling (again).

Edited by - zenpunk on 30 July 2002 8:47:20

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed
    Go to the Watchtower Study, sit in the front row and quietly read your copy of "CoC" in full view of the elder conducting the study. Just before the study is over, raise your hand as if to answer a question and say, "I've been reading this great book by Ray Franz called "Crisis of Conscience." I brought an extra one that I'd be happy to share for a $20 "donation."

Laughed my ass off

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Having a snitch in the home you are paying for out of your hard earned dollars must really be pure misery.What ever happened to love honor and obey ??

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

hello---queenie the average JW ELDER usually runs the other way when they see us a comming my reputation usually precedes me--i am a @#$%$#@ on wheels certainly more dangerous than a witch riding her broom !! QUEENIE

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Go to the KH, have a cigarette before walking in (assuming they let you in) and then sit in the front row with CoC. You may want to pinch a sister or two in the behind for good measure.

This way you will be abusing the body, mind and spirit. That will get you DFd for sure!

You might let the elders know that you take anti-depressents due to the hard drugs and drinking you did---while poineering. This will really get them mad.

Since you want to be DFd you need to do it with style.

PS-D wiltshire---you are a rascal!

PSS-Frenchy--"Peals before swine"- He cannot spell can he? (Smile)

• jack2
    jack2

Lapuce, you've gotten some good replies here (and some funny ones!), and yes, the incidents you mentioned are in themselves not enough to get you df'd, plus, coupled with your depression and depending on your elders, their actions at times do vary.

As far as your wife is concerned, it's rather obvious that she has bought into the 'where do your loyalties lie?' thing lock, stock, and barrel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit