Too wierd to be true... but it is... Elders???

by Lapuce 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

Well yesterday I go the visit of two elders of my congregation, my wife told them that I was acting like an apostat as I talked two days before to two Mormons, yes I told them that that they were in a cult like the JW's and they couldn't think for themselves like us, boy I got a real sermon from them, my wife told them that I was on anti-depresants and that they made me ack a bit crazy sometimes, well I know one thing, it wont be the last time I will here from them. I know 3 years ago I got a talk by the elders but that time it was for buying lotto tickets, again my wife found a ticket in my pocket that I forgot when I put my cholths for washing. I got the talk, but no sanctions again. Another time 5 years ago, I went to a Christmas party at work without telling my wife it was a christmas party, I got a bit drunk and again the elders gave me a talk. I do not know why with these 3 accidents I was not DF'ed I also told them I looked at many sites like this one at the last visit yesterday, and they told me on a final note that I simply needed a vacation and that I should get a higher dose for my pills. I don't get these flakes... these guys have disfellowed brothers and sisters for lighter sins and I get off the hook four times??? I'm really confused, I'd like a reply on that....

Lapuce

• minimus
    minimus

maybe your elders just like to "talk" to you.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

** . I don't get these flakes... these guys have disfellowed brothers and sisters for lighter sins and I get off the hook four times??? I'm really confused, I'd like a reply on that.... **

Hard to say without more detail. Maybe they like you. Maybe they like your wife! Maybe theyre taking to heart the instructions to learn to differentiate between weakness and wickednessand have decided that you are one weak dude!

There is also the matter of how you responded to their call on you. Going to a Christmas party and/or getting drunk will not automatically get you dfd nor will buying a lotto ticket nor will admitting to VIEWING sites like this. Now if you told them that you exchanged gifts at the party, kissed all the secretaries under the mistletoe, donned the Santa suit and passed out the presents and saw absolutely nothing wrong with that and fully intended to go to next years party and plan to invite some of the Witnesses to it as well as put an invitation on the information board to that effectyou would probably warrant a JC hearing! (Smile)

BTW, your wife is a snitch! Does she like not like you or something???

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

My understanding is that elders are under orders from higher-ups to go easy on publishers with diagnosed mental problems.

And is there perhaps a connection between your depression and you 'loving' spouse's behavior?

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

What a loving spouse, boy can you trust her. Sheesh.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

What a loving spouse, boy can you trust her. Sheesh.

Yeah sounds like my ex.

Will

• Swan
    Swan

Your wife sounds like she can't be trusted. She sounds just like my mother...

Hmmm...

DADDY! Is that you? :D

Edited by - UglyDuckling on 30 July 2002 0:12:10

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

LOL!

Frenchy, you are right. And Lapuce, your wife remind me of "1984" by George Orwell.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

If you want to get disfellowshipped, simply buy two copies of Ray Franz's "Crisis of Conscience."

Go to the Watchtower Study, sit in the front row and quietly read your copy of "CoC" in full view of the elder conducting the study. Just before the study is over, raise your hand as if to answer a question and say, "I've been reading this great book by Ray Franz called "Crisis of Conscience." I brought an extra one that I'd be happy to share for a $20 "donation."

Do you think that might work?

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

LOL Nathan!

That is likely to work.

I am too tired to dredge through the endless amount of threads on this board to find it, but I recall someone posting their story of taking that very book to the TMS and sitting next to an elder, and a physical assault taking place in which the police were called.

Anyone else remember this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit