A Near Death Experience

by Double Edge 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Dia
    Dia

Double,

Dr. Morse is a pediatrician who was moved to explore the near-death experiences of children, because there was less cultural/religious influence in their backgrounds.

He's since done other books, too. But the one I mentioned was definitely one of my FAVORITES of all time.

Is this the same one you mean?

Edited by - Dia on 2 August 2002 0:14:0

• simplesally
    simplesally

I'm shocked at all of this!!

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Dia...

Yes...I think it was Dr. Morse. Very, very interesting book. I also knew someone who told me something that happened to their 7 year old grandkid when they were hit by a car. I won't go into the full details, because a lot on this board will just knock it as the fantasy of a child (which in this instance would be impossible. Briefly, this kid was pronounced 'dead' at the scene, later to be revived in the hospital..a few months later when they were sorting through old family photos, the child who was 'helping', picked up a picture and identified it by name as the person who stood him and talked to him right after he was hit. The photo was of her brother who had passed on 10 years before. Also interesting, it was a photo taken when her brother was in his 20's. There were never any discussions or pictures of her brother that the child had heard or seen.

• Dia
    Dia

Hi Double,

Thanks for sharing that story. It is SO like those in the book. Dr. Morse did a lot for my faith. It's nice that such unyielding intellectual types can pursue the road they're on and come to such faith-inspiring conclusions!

Funny, but Professor Stark's book, 'The Rise of Christianity' also had the same effect on me - and others. It's an awesomely wonderful book tracking the faith of the early Christians, via historical statistics and common sense. I pray that it will eventually open the heart of the person who wrote it! But God works his own magic. We just have to be ready for it.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing that wonderful, wonderful story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit