My daddy wants to sue the elders!!!!

by Vivamus 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

My daddy wants to sue the elders!!!!

I am having a tremendous amount of fun with this, not that I would let him do it, (wouldnt do any good), but I find it so very sweet of him. Here is what happened. I just got home from a business trip with my dad. We went to London, did business (well he did, I just played pretty) and we went sightseeing afterwards. Naturally I told a lot about the Borg, how my disfellowshipment took place and somewhere I told him that the elders had called me an immoral slut

He nearly exploded! He was biting of his words asking where the hell they had the nerve to call me that! Threatened to sue them and all things like that. I was just smiling at him while he ranted on about the Borg,... I like it so much that my daddy is standing up for me.

Well just wanted to post this.

Good night everyone!

Viv.

• minimus
    minimus

I hope he sues, but for what????????? For being called an immoral slut?

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Viv-it's a nice change of pace to see family members support people who leave the borg instead of shunning themselves...very sweet of daddy to want to protect you...you are loved!

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

if somebody can sue macdonald's because their food is drenched in deadly fat, or a tobacco company for smoking, i don't see why your dad can't pursue a lwasuit...

<A href=" http://www.randytv.com/secret/dfletter1987.htm"> http://www.randytv.com/secret/dfletter1987.htm;

but i wouldn't sue for being difellowhipped. as you can see, they have a caveat - if you state that you no longer believe that this system of things will end and no longer want to be a part of them, they can show that they "did you a favor" by disfellowhipping you. i'd take a different approach and sue them for mental and emotional duress brought upon you by being a witness. there's thousands of f-----up people out there AND THE WTS IS TO BLAME. if the courts want proof, then they can subpeona this whole freakin' message board.

• kat7302
    kat7302

Im just glad your dad wants to stick up for you...that must be a really nice feeling.

Pleased for you. XXXX

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

Hi-

I am glad your father wants to stand up for you. I have to say that when it came to the Watchtower cult my folks always sided with the organization and have never defended their kids against the cult. Unfortunately, I do not think things will change any time soon. It is sad.

Jeff Schwehm

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Ive only got a few terms for you Vivamus. They are

DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER

MENTAL ANGUISH

People HAVE sued for being insulted the way that you have. I say let your father pursue litigation.

Why? Because all too often the WTS elders think they have carte blanche to label anyone and pronounce to their congregation whether they are "moral" or "wholesome association".. in some cases costing people business opportunities or loss of friendship or family.

FUCK the WTS. Pursue the lawsuit.

Edited by - Reborn2002 on 29 July 2002 19:29:23

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Wow! I could've been called far worse and I know my father would have sided with them. A lawsuit probably wouldn't go anywhere though, the Society has a whole lotta money.

• thewiz
    thewiz

and i called the guy that nearly ran me off the road a "f%&kin' idiot" how's that going to get me sued? it's MY opinion. if a person, who just happens to be an elder, voices his OPINION, then how can he be sued for it?

also, where's the proof that he called you that? isn't it just your word that he said that. saying something for discussion value and proving it, especially in a court of law, are two very differnet things.

• Makena1
    Makena1

Dear V: Very happy to hear that your father is supporting you too. As you know, anyone can bring a suit against anybody - whether it has any chance of success is another matter.

You wrote: Naturally I told a lot about the Borg, how my disfellowshipment took place and somewhere I told him that the elders had called me an immoral slut ????????!!!!!!!!!

Suggestion: Why not have your father's corporate attorney send these idiotic elders a threatening letter demanding a written apology for this reproachful statement?

How far you want to take it after that??? At least make the bastards squirm and sweat a little.

All best,

Mak

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit