Update: My Uncle's funeral

by Fire Dragon 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

Thanks for your support everyone!!

Not only did they use the funeral as a chance to witness, but at the end of the funeral talk the 'brother' basically did a JW commercial!! I was disgusted. He made reference to my uncle being a witness and preaching about God's Kingdom and then admonished everyone else to do the same. 'We should be like Brother Cloud and use our time alive to preach from house to house...blah, blah, blah'

My grandma just sat there shaking her head.

-Fire

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

(((((((( FD )))))))))

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Fire Dragon, bless your heart. I know the heart renching pain that you endured. I've been there myself. When my j.w. mother died, I had D.A. myself from the cult months earlier. The j.w.s avoided me. People that I had grown up with and known all my life! Their unloving conduct on comfirmed my reasons for leaving. I could never be so cold to someone, and never would be. The whole shunning thing never sat well with me, I never could find reasoning in that and never when by that rule as a hovah!

I know that had to be sooooo difficult for you to endure and I'm so sorry. I'm so glad that we have this site here! Isn't it a soft place to fall! I'm trying to focus on the people that DO love me and not the ones that are still brainwashed in that cold hearted cult. *and I'm putting it nicely*

You hang in there darlin!!! Cyber hug

Love ya, Tink =:o)

• Jesika
    Jesika

I am very sorry for how your parents treated you. I know you were expecting it, but it still hurts. Your aunt is a very kind and understanding person and that is nice to have. I can relate to the "might make them feel uncomfortable". My father invited me for lunch (he is still a witness) with his new wife (he had an affair with a married sis in the same cong). Well, later he called me and said his new wife's mother ( a witness also) might come and I would have to sit on the other end of the table so I wouldn't make her uncomfortable being too close to me. I went anyways and she didn't show up, but if she did I would have sat right next to her and if I was asked to move I would have cussed him out and left, but that is just how I react. Probably not the best thing to do, but they are just as wrong for treating people they "love" that way.

Sorry for your loss and the way your family (the witness ones) acted. We all love you here and will be here for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesika

• Dustbunny
    Dustbunny

I am a believer in what goes around comes around. What we do to another, we also do to ourselves. As they get older they will need help around the house or help to get errands done. When they can't get the young'uns in the congregation to help them, they'll regret alienating their children. They put their faith in Jehovah, but it won't be Jehovah cutting their grass or taking them grocery shopping.

Dust

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

{{{{Firedragon}}}}

Great Aunt. Stay in touch with her.

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

FD: Sorry this situation happened to you, and congratulations to your Aunt who had the guts to stand up to these people. I was in a situation at a funeral where I was showed FALSE love at the start, I figure so they could put on a big front and pretend they cared. After funeral, I had invitation to go back to house, by my (elder) brother-in-law. I refused, and said why should I come and be treated like dirt? He said that would not happen. I still did not go. Later I found out when someone came up to him and asked if I was going to be at the house, his coment SHE was not included in this part of the funeral. Oh the funeral was my step-dad's. May he rest in peace. I am very hurt and even angry that he told a bold-faced lie. If I could I would love for the rest of the elders at his congregation, which used to be my congregation to know what a liar he really is. He likes to kiss ass I guess. I am still hurting over this outrage of lying.

• Ephanyminitas
    Ephanyminitas

Dragon,

I'm sorry for you. Your "parents" are missing out on a lot: you! I don't think it's a bad idea to put your OWN space between them and you. But don't let anger consume you. Then they will have won. (Plus, haven't we learned from Usagi-chan that Love always wins?) ;-)

To everyone else ... thank goodness for you! I know Fire Dragon personally and she is great person (please don't tell her I said that!) and her parents are fools. Thank you for being there for her. (What say we start our own city -- Apostopolis -- and move there so we can live among TRUE friends?!)

These stupid Jehovah's Witlessness have screwed Dragon over ... and I'm next (gulp). (Moon crisis ... make ... UP!)

E-man (I so was not here ...)

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

While I'm not at all surprised, I'm certainly very sorry you had to endure yet another example of JW "love." These stories just tend to piss me off at times.

I've been df for 32 years...and my aunt who is also df'd, is my most wonderful friend, and truthfully, more like a mother these past years. I finally reached a point in my recovery where what those people think of me is not important. And they certainly do not want to risk me telling them what I think.

I've thought long and hard over the years what I'd do should my mom pass before me...I'll be very happy too ignore the whole lot of them. I tired years ago of hearing their phoney mantra about how they love me, but...just doesn't cut the mustard these days.

My mother chose years ago what her side is. It's in direct opposition to mine. Shunning is such an evil thing. Not like making decisions about whom we'de associate because there are some bad arse's out there, but being controlled in every aspect of one's life by a filthy religion.

Disfellowshipped all those many years before I found recovery. Until then I had carried a lot of their mental garbarge around with me. While regret is something to be on guard against, I hope others do not waste precious years before finding self acceptance, and peace.

My love,

Granny

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

FireDragon,

Your aunt is soooo cool. She's my kind of person!

So are you. Take care and hang out with your aunt more often when you're feeling down.

YoursChelbie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit