Masturbation

by CoolBreeze 17 Replies latest social relationships

• dark clouds
    dark clouds

hey cool:
    i have no kids but im glad this issue was finally addressed. all i have to say is thank god 2 hands create variety.
    a few nites ago i remember bringing up this topic to a group of witnesses on line. my "question" was that if sex was reserved only for those who were married, being that masturbation was solo sex, was it acceptable practice for witnesses to partake within such a practice, if they were married, whether on their own or for their partners visual pleasure. of course this was followed with the unclean, lack of self control, response and then by what a coulple does on their own is up to them.
    so i thought about this elusive answer for about 3 seconds wondering if they had bothered to give it any thought. my conclusion was how does one not lose control during climax, and how do you avoid fondling your mates genitalia, must make for some really lame sex. . . .
    anywho, may we all stay in touch(no pun)
    CHUCK
    i though about it for a second

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

Back to your original question for a minute if I may, CoolBreeze. You ask why masturbation is not explicitly mentioned in the Hebrew scriptures while such things as homosexuality etc. are.
    As an example, examine Lev. 20:13, which is often cited as a condemnation of homosexuality. If you examine the scripture in Hebrew, however, you find an entirely different meaning. "And when a man (Strong's #376) lies down with a male (Strong's #2145) the same as one lies down with a woman, both of them have done a detestable thing." (NWT) What is rendered in English as "man" (#376 - the Hebrew "'iysh") is defined in Strong's as just that - a male individual. However, the word rendered in English as "male" (#2145 - the Hebrew "zakar") has an entirely different meaning: "One who is noteworthy". Had the author meant to condemn homosexual behavior, he would have used "'iysh" (#376) in both places. "Zakar" (#2145) is in actuality describing a high priest of the god Molech (see Lev. 20: 1-5). Fertility rituals in the form of sexual favors (by both males and females) were common practice in this historical period. Thus, the author was condemning anyone who engaged in pagan ritual, not a particular sex act.
    Therefore, unless your son plans to engage in fertility ritual, I see no reason why masturbation should even remotely be an issue.
    Cheers! JIM

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Nothin' wrong with a good fertility ritual!

Where's my antlers....

Expatbrit

• Music Mouth
    Music Mouth

A good friend of mine wrote this most poignant song about masturbation. I feel like sharing:

Donald And Lydia
    John Prine

Small town, bright lights, Saturday night,
    Pinballs and Pool halls flashing their lights.
    Making change behind the counter in a penny arcade
    Sat the fat girl daughter of Virginia and Ray

(Spoken:) Lydia
    Lydia hid her thoughts like a cat
    Behind her small eyes sunk deep in her fat.
    She read romance magazines up in her room
    And felt just like Sunday on Saturday afternoon.

Chorus:
    But dreaming just comes natural
    Like the first breath from a baby,
    Like sunshine feeding daisies,
    Like the love hidden deep in your heart.

Bunk beds, shaved heads, Saturday night,
    A warehouse of strangers with sixty watt lights.
    Staring through the ceiling, just wanting to be
    Lay one of too many, a young PFC:

(Spoken:) Donald

There were spaces between Donald and whatever he said.
    Strangers had forced him to live in his head.
    He envisioned the details of romantic scenes
    After midnight in the stillness of the barracks latrine.

Repeat Chorus:

Hot love, cold love, no love at all.
    A portrait of guilt is hung on the wall.
    Nothing is wrong, nothing is right.
    Donald and Lydia made love that night.

(Spoken:) Love
    The made love in the mountains, they made love in the streams,
    They made love in the valleys, they made love in their dreams.
    But when they were finished there was nothing to say,
    'Cause mostly they made love from ten miles away

Edited by - Music Mouth on 19 March 2001 18:4:19

• DAVID
    DAVID

how very sad that these "enlightened" people deny themselves and others the human pleasure of solo masturbation and mutual pleasuring with a partner - cannot believe these attitudes persist !

But at 5'4" maybee it does stunt growth.....

• PullMyFinger
    PullMyFinger

Hey there Mr. Music Mouth,

Is John Prine a good friend of yours?

I'm a fan.

pmf

• Introspection
    Introspection

Hi CoolBreeze, I don't really have an opinion about masturbation itself, but my own experience has been that I have developed MORE discipline over things like sex drive now than when I was in the organization. Of course, by discipline I don't mean that authoritarian repression, but self-discipline. I personally don't separate relationships from sexual need, so I guess in my case it isn't a matter of having an "outlet" as much as channeling the energy into other activities. As many have pointed out, it's really a matter of rigid thinking, accepting it just because someone who's supposed to know better said so. It could be about any number of issues. On that note, just because over 90% of the population masturbates it doesn't mean I have to, either.

• Uni girl
    Uni girl

it's took me years to get over WT indoctrination about all things sexual but I just tell my son and my daughter..do whatever makes you feel pleasure..Id rather they have a quick shuffty under the covers than have sex !!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit