Unconvincing Evidence in September Watchtower

by bemused 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Revelations, the last chapter, verses 18-19, is the only book that has a dire warning about putting in or taking out any of the content of " this prophecy". I have read a few versions of this chapter and found that it is the only one not tampered with.

What I am saying is that, it seems that any other book in the bible is up for grabs or change.........except for this Revelations. I think I have hit upon something. It is that there is no caveat to protect the rest of the bible books, no evidence that this warning is back dated to apply to Genesis onward.

That leaves me with so many questions about the bible and various translations. I suppose I could point this out to my elder friend, but it would give him a heart attack.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    Some may wonder if the story of the whole earth being covered with water is a myth or at least an exaggeration. Not at all! Indeed, to some extent the earth is still flooded. Seawater covers about 71 percent of the earth’s surface. So in reality the floodwaters are still here.

So, the ocean is a flood?? The fact that most of the earth is covered in seawater is not the same as being flooded. Flooding is when ground not usually covered in water becomes covered in water, so the ocean doesn't really qualify.

And if the glaciers and polar ice caps were to melt, the sea level would rise to cover cities like New York and Tokyo.

Hmmm. Those cities are at fairly low elevations, so what about Mount Everest? K2? What amount of water would be needed to cover that? And where did that water then go? The only way that could have happened is if massive mountains rose up after the flood, something not mentioned in the bible and not supported by science.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit