Miners Alive

by DakotaRed 14 Replies latest jw friends

• teejay
    teejay

>> "What took you so long!!"

I hadn't heard that! Delightful sense of humor after coming back from Hell.

I gave those men litte hope two days ago. Based on the conditions they were in, I figured all that would be found were nine bloated bodies. Following the story late last night brought tears to these cynical eyes. They all made it. Unbelievable.

Has to be a good feeling for those that worked to bring them up. They are all heroes.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Call it a miracle or just extreme good luck, I was so tickled when they finally brought the last one out. How they get those guys to work down there, I will never know. I don't think I could do it.

My hats off to all them and the way the pull together for each other when things as this happen. To me, that's a true sign of love of neighbor.

Lew W

Watchtower Decruit

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

I think it is something to celebrate and talk about at great length -- some topics on this site gets to be somewhat silly / stupid and totally uninteresting to ME but anyway back to my regular day of doing my whatever that interests ME..and average male nudeness is still making me laugh!! ONE should see my guardian angel ANTONIO -- WOW.. queenie

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

Ms. queenie, why is it you seem to insist upon bringing up the nudity thing from another area where it is so obvious that if you don't want to look, you don't have to? I'm confused.

And why is it that because of your strokes no one should really take to heart what you've said? I just don't get it. Yet at the same time you continue too mention some guy from your own web page...please explain to this granny who wonders why any one who apparently has a fixation upon the male organ, one seems so disgusting, yet the other male figure is a WOW.

I've said it before and I'm gonna say it again; for the most part I believe that we women who find something disgusting with nudity lack our own sense of adequete self esteem. I'm FAT! and I'm struggling with this issue myself. Not because of what others do or don't do...it's my own personal sense of self worth. And yes, society in general can contribute to such. SEX SELLS! and I'm not gonna be on the sale platform because of my weight and age. So be it.

What I'm interested in reading about is how others deal with this real issue - minus the shame of what?...not presenting to the public what is viewed as "sexual." Please clarify because I do get confused. Sex sells....fat doesn't....GOSH. I've got some issue to deal with because I'm getting old and sex just doesn't interest me.....thank heaven you people are here for me when I thought all would just be ok.

Queenie, I probably understand you as well as anyone. But sex has been an issue for overweight people for too long. Allow this man, whether or not he is homosexual, too enjoy the wonder of his body. No on really cares if he's naked. It's a god given right. I cannot believe I'm crying at this moment...excuse me.

Granny

• teejay
    teejay

All nine of the miners will be interviewed tonight on Dateline, 10 p.m. EST. The clips shown on the Today show this morning suggest that it will be a good show. In case you're interested.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit