Miners Alive

by DakotaRed 14 Replies latest jw friends

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

For all those who have been following the rescue attempts of those trapped miners in Pa, CNN is currently reporting that all 9 have been rescued alive

Lew W

Edited to add: they haven't been brought up, but all 9 are reported to be alive

Edited by - DakotaRed on 27 July 2002 23:36:29

• Crystal
    Crystal

Thank you , just passed it on to my boyfriend.We have been following the news.They were making it sound grim today...I really thought there was no way they could have survived.Such a huge relief to their family members.Dont cha just love happy endings!!

Good example of why we should NEVER give up.

Just had a thought...I get the news here first most of the time...hmmm maybe im spending to much time at this site....Nahhhhhh!!

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I posted this yesterday:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=33091&site=3

But you know how this board can be.

thanks for the update DR

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

DB, they now have a phone hookup to them and know for a fact how they all are. THe overnor was just on and said that all are in reasonably good shape. Food, water and blankets are beings ent down while they get ready to lower a rescue capsule to bring them up.

Thanks for your update yesterday, though. It's always a relief when something like this happens and all survive.

Lew W

• Perry
    Perry

I must admit that I had little hope for these guys when I heard that they only had a 4 foot space to be in, and it was partially filled with 40 degree water.

Now I'm rooting for these guys....I love happy endings!

• ISP
    ISP

Thats great news! I didn't think there would be a happy ending.

ISP

• simplesally
    simplesally

Right now, 11:14 pacific time, 6 of 9 rescued!.......

(pardon the pun that just appeared, but it is 6 of 9 of the miners that are rescued, SixofNine is far too gone)

• simplesally
    simplesally

7 alive and rescued. 11:22 pm pdt.

edited to say......... 8 alive at 11:33pm.

Edited by - simplesally on 28 July 2002 2:33:43

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

The last one was just brought up!!!!!

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

"What took you so long!!" "We need chew."

Famous first words. hahahah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit