JW girlfriend

by JohnZogby 31 Replies latest jw friends

• cornish
    cornish

Just a couple of questions?
    • Do you have a study with the witnesses of any sort,or do you attend any of their meetings? Because if you do they could class you as an interested one to justify your relationship in some way,I have known of cases of 'interested ones' courting JWs ;if they see you as a potential convert they will want to give the greatest inital appearance of 'normality' as possible,so as not to scare you away.

Also this independance day celebration,Did they actually call it a 4th of July , Independance day cellebration,or was it just a bbq,they happened to hold on the 4th of July?

These questions have a lot of relevance with the JW mindset as you will see.

I know when I was a witness some families would have get togethers on public holidays,New Years day,even on Christmas day with roast dinner and party games etc,I know I have been myself,but pressed we would say that we were not celebrating the worldly,celebration but simply making convenient use of a public holiday for a get together,my father who is an elder was recently invited by his non JW relatives out for a meal on his birthday,which he accepted.

In their eyes he was accepting an invite for a bithday celebration,but he would just rationalize and excuse himself,that he was simply having a meal,the fact that it usually happens on that one out of 365 days he would ignore.

Its amazing the mental gymnastics of JWs trying to convince themselves! They cannot even be honest to themselves.

This fact remains!

If any witness openly celebrates Independance day ,Christmas day,Birthdays etc,according to their 'secret elders manual' they can be deemed as dissasociating themselves,and shunned.

Edited by - cornish on 28 July 2002 4:15:18

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

John--run like hell son... If she was active you would'nt be in the picture right now at all.

These people are fence sitters... they will play you with the best and WORST of both the WITNESS culture. I'ts hard enough to deal with these folks from the inside much less in your situation.

Just my 2cents John

HILLBILLY

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I find this extremely hard to believe.

• SYN
    SYN

Seems your GF is leading what we in the industry call a "double life", dude.

Who knows, you might just be able to Desimilate her or something. Copy stuff from the Quotes website etc and give it a shot!

• QCA1
    QCA1

Hi John

I find this hard to believe because when my Son started to go out with a JW girl ,her Father,once he knew that it was serious,threw her out of the house the whole family whouldn't have anything to do with her.They eventually found a place to live and settled down got married a year or so later and then her parents started to come round.Then it all started,the witnesses where trying to get her to come back into the fold and she did go back and eventually my Son went with her,much to my disappointment.So,what i would say to you is,i know without doubt they do lead double lives i've seen it with my own eyes,they will put a face on for you and a totally different one on for the Witnesses

Good luck to you John your gonna need it

qca1

• JohnZogby
    JohnZogby

1. The fourth of July Celebration wasnt called that, they just said it was a BBQ, they have a few a year, and they "coincidently" decided to have one on the fourth of July

2. Her brother has invited me to Kingdom Hall a few times, but ive never gone

3.Maybe i was a little misleading when i said her parents were "accepting" of her relationship with me. All i know is that they are nice to me while im in front of them, and they have not prohibited their daughter from dating me. I have no way of knowing what they think of me, or what they say about me when im not around

4.I wrote this post because im worried that at some point she is gonna change, and i was wondering if their was any possibilty that wouldnt happen, and i guess the answer is no, from what everyone that has responded

those answer some of the questions you guys had. To those of you that think im lying, lol, wtf exactly would be my point for lying about this? whatever

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

John I didn't think you were lying per se I just figured we weren't hearing the whole story. I wonder, and maybe you've already stated this, how old is she? If she's over age 18 then there isn't much her parents can do about her seeing you; and it's most likely that when you are not around they share their disapproval with her.

I am almost positive that things will go sour, at least with the parents. I don't know if you are sexually active yet, but if the parents find out she'll be reported to the elders and kicked out of the religion. Then she'll have to choose (in her mind) between you and God. Not an easy choice. . . .

Nevertheless, I wish you luck in your relationship.

• JohnZogby
    JohnZogby

We are both 18, and just graduated from High School

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

your jw girlfriend and her family are world-class hypocrites, pure and simple.

WHAT JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES BELIEVE
    A Christian should keep separate from world --- Jas. 4:4; 1 John 2:15; John 15:19; 17:16

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,--that is all
    Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know." - John Keats, Ode on a Grecian Urn

• johnny_was_good
    johnny_was_good

Is her dad really an elder? I know of a case were a dad supported a relationship of his daughter, with someone who was attending the meetings but was not baptized, and daddy had to step down as an elder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit